Page Stops Loading After Scrolling

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Wiggam72

Page Stops Loading After Scrolling

Post by Wiggam72 »

Can someone please let me know what's going on? I hoped that after the new update 52.0 (32 bit) the problem would go away. I don't know if it's a FF, FB or PC problem.

When I visit the page, the page will not finish loading once I scroll down about a few feet or so. It will only show about the first 3 feet worth of scrolling. Scrolling upwards from that point will show the page.

Here's the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/22344567844/
dfoulkes

Re: Page Stops Loading After Scrolling

Post by dfoulkes »

That link won't do much good ... since the user needs to be logged on to that site... and I'm not going to register for it... but...

I just visited a local junk-selling site for around here and I had no issues with scrolling down... when it came to the end it just loaded more and more and more...

...so, have you tried any of this?
From a prior post from Dan Raisch (with minor changes) ...

(If using a version below Firefox 3.5.) Clear the browser cache (Tools->Clear Recent History->select cache->click on "Clear Now" button).

Else... use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).
Note: The above is for Windows so if you're using a different OS refer to this...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

I checked just for the heck of it, and I as thought. nothing is there other than this site's cookies because the browser is open. I have the add-on Self Destructing Cookies, and also have the browser set to delete all cookies when the browser closes.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I suggest that you create a test profile and test with it as-is then...
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

I created a Test Profile and it did the same thing. So, now I know it has nothing to do with my Profile. It could be something with the page. I'm in other Closed Groups and of course regular pages on FB and they don't do that.

Is there someone I can PM the page info to e.g., View Page Source, View Page Info, Inspect Element so they can figure out if there is an error in the page code? I don't want to post it here since it might have personal info since it's a Closed Group on FB and obviously can't be accessed without signing into FB.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Is there someone I can PM the page info to e.g., View Page Source, View Page Info, Inspect Element
There are more... but this person comes to mind...
Viewing profile - smsmith • mozillaZine Forums
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

No help was granted.

Anyway, I have found that this is definitely a Firefox problem. I just used IE and went to the page and it scrolled for weeks worth of content with absolutely no problems.

Now I know that it's a FF problem and not anything to do with my PC, my FF profile, FB, or the page itself. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Or, do I have to file a bug report?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Before declaring Firefox the issue or bug consider it could be a security issue which IE does not implement.
Try turning off tracking protection and see.
It could be something failing to load due to the tracking setting.
Just a thought.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

It could be the page & how it's coded.
IE just ignores all the faults, takes a guess & displays the page,

where-as Firefox sees those errors/faults etc., & hence you get the problem.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

Okay, this is absolutely crazy. Before I get into the crazy part, I tried disabling the FF tracking and it didn't work.

Now for the crazy part. I stumbled onto a way to make the page work! If I access the page via a post someone made via Notifications, the loading problem happens. However, if I access the page via the link from the list of names on the left side, it works!!

BTW, I just tried the link I posted in my original post for the first time and it also works. I never tried it since I have access to it once I Log in and only accessed the page when there's a notification that someone posted something, typically a new photo.

So why in the world would accessing a page via Notifications in FB make this happen?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Sounds like a Facebook issue and the possibilities are many.
If you go look at both links and use "Inspect element" on each do you see any differences in url?
Thinking it could be a typo or some other error in the html
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

The links are totally different. I can see that without Inspect Element. The link from the SHORTCUTS section on the left side is very short. The link from Notifications is very long. I assume because it goes directly to the post and not at the top of the page like the one from the SHORTCUTS section.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for using Inspect Element. When the links are so vastly different, how can I tell where the problem lies? I might need a course on using the Inspect Element LOL! Well, unless someone knows enough about it to guide me through and locate the problem.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

If the problem is with the links on the page you could provide Facebook with what you found.
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

Okay, reported it. I'll see what happens.