Grief from the mozillaZine forum

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
conceptualclarity1

Grief from the mozillaZine forum

Post by conceptualclarity1 »

Thank you very much for your help at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3028538, DanRaisch.

This forum has given me unbelievable grief on top of all my troubles with ever-downloading Thunderbird. I wanted to get email notifications from this thread. So I substituted my current email address for the defunct address under which my "conceptualclarity" account was founded. I did my best to follow the instructions on changing email address. I got this:

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/417/Scb7Wj.png

I couldn't imagine why I should be told that my username was inactive when I was being very active. I found no hope in regaining use of that username, so I tried to set up a new account with a new username.

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/1095/ZAlKda.png

After being told my account was inactive, now I'm told that the email address was already in use!

So I had to create a new account using my secondary email, GMail. It is a mess, because I normally ignore that account.

Then I got this message.

Hello conceptualclarity,

Your account on "mozillaZine Forums" has been deactivated, most likely due
to changes made to your profile. In order to reactivate your account you
must click on the link below:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/ucp.php?mode=activate&u=....

--
Thanks, mozillaZine

But it appears it is too late to return to my first account, and I deleted its LastPass entry. Why was my account deactivated in the first place? MozillaZine is causing great trouble to its users.

I was unable to post this at the previous thread. It appears a non-moderator account different from the thread's originator is not allowed to post on a thread. That doesn't make much sense to me. So I am cut off from the discussion with Dan at the original thread.
James

Re: Grief from the mozillaZine forum

Post by James »

You deactivated your conceptualclarity account when you changed your email over some hours earlier. It appears you did activate the conceptualclarity again with the activation link sent in email after password change before you posted this thread so you should be able to login if you know password.

One cannot use a email address already in use by a existing registered account.

This forum can get quite a bit of spam attempts each day compared to legit postings from new members so new members first post requires post approval and then can post normally. This is why your seven attempts at posting this did not show right away.
conceptualclarity1

I just had an on topic reply here fail to post. Is this going to continue?

(I suppose it's possible I wasn't logged in at that tab.)
conceptualclarity1

Thank you very much for your help, James.

Since conceptualclarity1 is working, I will hold on to it as it is for now.

You seem to believe conceptualclarity is retrievable. If possible that would be good, because I would prefer an account linked to the main email address I get through my ISP.

I don't know what your policy is on duplicate accounts. I have not duplicated on purpose because I did all I knew to do to get rid of conceptualclarity before starting conceptualclarity1.
James wrote:You deactivated your conceptualclarity account when you changed your email over some hours earlier.
It would be a whole lot better if it were not set up that way. I've been on many forums and never heard of such a thing.
James wrote:This forum can get quite a bit of spam attempts each day compared to legit postings form new members so new members first post requires post approval and then can post normally. This is why your seven attempts at posting this did not show right away.
It is really needed for there to be an "awaiting moderation" notice like on other forums. In the absence of that I figured my IP address was probably being rejected.
conceptualclarity1

I was able to retrieve the password for "conceptualclarity" from my browser. I logged out and entered "conceptualclarity" and that password, and I got:

You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please request help in the Site Discussion forum where you can post without logging in.
Username: conceptualclarity1

So it appears I can no longer use conceptualclarity.