SOLVED :can't create a new multi-day event

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
pete of ebor

SOLVED :can't create a new multi-day event

Post by pete of ebor »

I'm having difficulty creating a new multi day event.
I bring up the new event box, and set start date to 22/5/17
I click on end date, try to set this to 27/5/17 to try to make an event that lasts 6 days.
End date sets to 27/5 but this automatically changes start date to 27/5 so both dates now show 27/5...
...so I change the start date to 22/5 but this then changes the end date to 22/5 also !
Changing EITHER the start date OR the end date changes BOTH DATES to the same value... Help !

TB 45.8 Lightning 4.7.8 on Win 10
Last edited by pete of ebor on April 17th, 2017, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaltS48

Re: can't create a new multi-day event

Post by WaltS48 »

My date format isn't 22/5/17. It is 5/22/17 and I have no problem with a test event. I did test on Windows 10 with TB 45.8.0.

What localization are you using? I'm en-US.

Have you tried creating the event for that one date and setting Repeat to Daily and Until?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
pete of ebor

Post by pete of ebor »

Don't think it is anything to do with date format. When either the start date or end date box is selected, it presents a month-by-month calendar. Even selecting the dates off this calendar causes the issue.
My date format shoule be dd/mm/yyyy as I use en-gb
My current workaround is to fire up my (very old !) Linux PC and create the entry on that which then goes via Google calendar to my Win10 PC, but the issue persists on Win10/TB45.8/Lightning 4.7.8
Decathlon

Post by Decathlon »

Maybe you've inadvertently enabled the "keep duration" button.
Try to toggle the button with the vertical chain icon beside the date/time-pickers, it allows to link the start date to the end date in order to keep the duration of the event when the user changes the end date.

Note that the opposite behavior (the end date linked to the start date) is by default and can't be changed.
pete of ebor

Post by pete of ebor »

Thanks Decathlon, that solved it ! I've used TB for years without realising that that chain thing was toggle-able. I thought it was just a button to put the same date in both boxes. I untoggled it, and all is working fine. Thanks !