STATIONERY ADD-ON. THUNDERBIRD BLOCKING GRAPHICS

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
reggiespurs

STATIONERY ADD-ON. THUNDERBIRD BLOCKING GRAPHICS

Post by reggiespurs »

Hi,

We have just been auto-updated with v52.0 and a worrying glitch has manifested itself. When using the STATIONERY add-on, which is a vital part of our office work flow, Thunderbird now displays a message when creating a new message and both reply and forward functions to UNBLOCK graphic files that are a component of the html stationery. We have used Thunderbird for the last 14 years without having such a worrying concern that adds great strain to sending and responding to emails.

Is there a fix to the problem please?

Kind regards and best best wishes.
DanRaisch

Re: STATIONERY ADD-ON. THUNDERBIRD BLOCKING GRAPHICS

Post by DanRaisch »

Version 52 Release Notes: wrote:IMPORTANT: The way images are included in a compose window has changed. Images are now included as data URIs and not as references to parts of other messages or operating system files. This allows better interoperability with office packages such as MS Office or LibreOffice. Images linked from locations on the internet will no longer be downloaded and attached to the message automatically. This can be changed for each image individually via the Image Properties dialog or globally by setting the preference mail.compose.attach_http_images.
Note that the Stationery extension has not been updated in almost two years and is only listed as compatible with Thunderbird through version 41. You might wish to contact the extension's author to see if an update for the extension may be coming soon.

Also, have you tried selecting "Allow remote content" for the necessary "sites" when that message is displayed?
reggiespurs

Post by reggiespurs »

Thank you Dan,

So, the fix to the problem is to place our header and footer graphic file online and amend our html stationery, do I understand you correctly? Is there an alternative to Stationery tht achieves the same functionality do you know?

Thank you for your quick response, so refreshing these days.

Kind regards.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

So, the fix to the problem is to place our header and footer graphic file online and amend our html stationery, do I understand you correctly?
Please understand that I don't use the extension nor am I familiar with the use of embedded graphics in emails. This forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're a group of volunteer users, an independent user-helping-user community. The information was provided not as a "fix" but as information that might help you work out a fix.
reggiespurs

Post by reggiespurs »

Thank you Dan, I understand and appreciate your help. I was under the mistaken impression this is a Mozilla forum but none the less your input has taken me in a direction to resolve the issue. I am tempted to try to revert to the previous install but fear it is likely I will spend more time sorting that out than fixing this inconvenient issue.

Again, thank you.

Kind regards.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.

It's not difficult to revert to the previous version. You can get the installer for that here -- https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all/

Clear the browser cache and the Windows Temp directory.
Shutdown any anti-virus software you are running.
Delete the directory C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird
Run the installer.
Restart the anti-virus program.

Note that your saved messages, address books, settings, passwords, etc (if any) are stored in a different directory from the program files and will not be removed by deleting the directory identified above.

This thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 5#p5239885 has a more detailed version of the above instructions if needed.
roll123

Post by roll123 »

Same problem here in my organization.

Fortunately I do not leave automatic updates. Only after I test. Then I install in all pc's.

Today, April-20 , updated from 45.xx.xx to 52 and this is hell ... No way.
Have to go install older version.