User Help for Mozilla Firefox
IAmediaworks

Re: 52.0.2 doing constant lookups.

Post by IAmediaworks »

Nope - and this isn't wireless. :)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

page loading here is not infinity - it stops after one/two minutes. but i can see that firefox is loading ads in background (inspector > network) -> ad-scripts.

either your provider is causing this or you really should get a decent ad-blocker. your issue is unique.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

You might want to consider Errors (215) html.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

Brummelchen wrote:page loading here is not infinity - it stops after one/two minutes. but i can see that firefox is loading ads in background (inspector > network) -> ad-scripts.

either your provider is causing this or you really should get a decent ad-blocker. your issue is unique.
It's not infinity for me either, but if you go through the thread, you'll see that I reverted to an earlier version of FF, and things improved a LOT.

And it's not happening with Chrome or IE, so it's not my provider. And I replicated it on someone else's machine elsewhere.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

FWIW - jezebel.com loads in under 1 sec on FF52.0.2. This does have iBlock. My Internet provider is Spectrum.

I also tried it on FF52.0.2 using a blank profile (no ad-blocker like iBlock). In that case it loaded in about 3 sec.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

Not here - on two different machines.... and not in another location - on two different machines.

Meanwhile, Chrome is screaming along.

I rolled back to 51.0b9, and it's fine.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Just tried loading jezebel.com on

FF52.0.2 - about a second
FF53.beta9 - about a second
FF55alpha - about a second

Also had my son check it on a Win10 at a different location and Comcast

FF52.0.2 - about a second

Your situation seems unique.

Try creating a New Temporary Profile and see what happens.

If this solved the problem then it would almost definitely be profile corruption.

IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

Already did a new profile. Only slightly better. And this isn't just happening on my profile, or my machine. But rolling back made a significant difference.

Also want to point out that you are on a completely different OS. :)
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

IAmediaworks wrote: Also want to point out that you are on a completely different OS. :)
True but my son is on Win and all FF apps on Win are the same, 32bit or 64 bit are the only differences.

IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

I'm on Win7. :P
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

@IAmediaworks

seems you are not interested in solutions. several people now have disproved your issue.
you got right and we have our peace.
IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

Brummelchen-

Give me a solution to try. I WANT a solution. I can recreate this behavior on multiple machines in multiple locations.

I have tried every solution posted to me here, other than ad blockers - because I don't have those on Chrome, and it works just fine - as does the earlier version of Firefox, which I'm running now.

I have had Spectrum visit me here, and in one other location, and view the behavior firsthand.

So give me a solution. Because so far, no one here has given me one that works.

Thanks.
IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

And by the way - you said yourself that the page loading stops after one to two MINUTES. The same page in Chrome (Jezebel) finishes fully loading in under 20 seconds - and is displaying in under 10.
IAmediaworks

Post by IAmediaworks »

No AV in the first place, sorry. Neither on the laptop or the desktop. And yes, I tried the test profile with nothing added. It was just slightly faster, but not by much.

No Firewall... no blockers... my standard setup is pretty much no nothing. :)

(This was a reply to someone who subsequently deleted their post.)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

if safe mode and fresh profile wont help its impact by system - either one or four doesnt matter - get the similarity for your system and also consider windows safe mode, do an adware scan (adwcleaner, you wont believe whats all under the hood). loading time is relative - a fast line is faster, mine seems slower, i dont care.

i have tried cnn.com as your video showed, and now jezebel (which loaded in seconds, with and w/o ad-blocking). (fyi - all my browser are configured the same way.)

concerning 51b9 - that is pre final 51 - do you already had issues with v51 final? did you speak up?