Fake screen size setting

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Anonymosity

Fake screen size setting

Post by Anonymosity »

Somehow I managed to get SeaMonkey to send faked screen size information to sites that check it, such as Panopticlick. Now I want to remove that setting, but I cannot remember how I did it. Is there an extension or an about:config setting that does that?
therube

Re: Fake screen size setting

Post by therube »

If it were an extension, Safe Mode should tell you that.

If that doesn't do it, as a test, create a new clean Profile, the compare prefs.js between the two & see if anything stands out.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Well, it was not an extension. I have changed so many settings in prefs.js, comparing will be a real chore, but I guess that is the only option. I remember it was a "do it or not" kind of thing, not a script.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Could the setting be a devtools setting or a gfx setting? I have looked through the pref settings, but I do not know the meaning of a lot of them.
therube

Post by therube »

I had though about devtools, but don't really know anything about it?

What does http://browserspy.dk/screen.php say about you (compared to what you are)?

As far as prefs.js, the comparison would be more about something "standing out" rather then knowing what particular items mean. So if you compare on to the other, & your comparison program (& I'd think you'd want to use a program that allows you to "visually" compare a set of file), if a pref with "size" is highlighted, that to me "stands out" (in this case), & would be worth further investigation.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Tialon

Post by Tialon »

Just a guess/shot in the dark, but isn't it possible to alter the screen size in Tools --> Web Development --> Responsive Design View?
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

This probably isn't it in your case, but I think the zoom setting also affects the reported screen size.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

BrowserSpy reports the faked size. Responsive Design View does not do anything. There is no window shown or any visible change to any part of the display.