Right Click-Save Target As option is missing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
no_way

Re: Right Click-Save Target As option is missing

Post by no_way »

Thank you LIMPET235 but I do not see the same image as you are. Can you send me a jpeg where it says to share this photo?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi, The "Share this photo" is the new terminology they use at the top of the "Links Options box.".
Once you have taken the shot & uploaded it to Photobucket,
just left click it & it will open up in a new window.
On the right hand side, there are options.
Click the [img] one at the bottom... (My image is a bit old & just says LINKS, as they've updated the site & changed the "wording.")

http://s2.photobucket.com/user/RAJAH235 ... ort=3&o=21

That copies it to your Clipboard.
Paste that link in here.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

URLs to these .jpeg, .wav files?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

I use the following site for images which is free and doesn't require users to register: https://imgsafe.org/

After you upload the image, click it and then copy the URL which appears in the location bar at the top of the page and paste that here.

Incidentally, in Firefox, there's no "Save target as". Instead it's called "Save Image As", or simply "Copy Image". Here's a screenshot of the context menu (right click). https://i.imgsafe.org/b8b41c8724.png
no_way

Post by no_way »

From pH0T0b3aR -- Image - I hope these screen shots work (thank you all) - in short, go to any website and find a news item you like - if you "left click" on the link at the top of the article (#img297), JUST the article itself opens up.
If you "right click - save link as" - what you get is the full web page not properly displayed.
My IT manager (who I worked with for 17 years) saw these same photos and explained it this way: "#296 is what the web looks like without CSS. The .css files are not being saved."
He then gave me a list of workarounds.
Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any other explanations or options, please let me know.
no_way

Post by no_way »

Last edited by no_way on April 10th, 2017, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
no_way

Post by no_way »

no_way

Post by no_way »

no_way

Post by no_way »

This topic has received a reply by mightyglydd since your last visit - but I can't locate it. Could someone please assist me in finding it?
Thank you.
Mr-Bear
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

It may have been edited out by mightyglydd.
It might depend on where you right click, try putting your cursor lower right or left before clicking..
You can install Settings Sanity 1.2 - is still working with current release of Firefox 52.0.2.
This will return some of the settings removed over the past dozen or so updates.
Close and reopen FF after install.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

Only the last of 4 attempts to post an image was successful, and the last one doesn't signify much at all. When you "save link as ...", that is telling Firefox to download and save the webpage pointed to
by the link in the format you specify. YOU must specify the format in the Save As dialog that appears. One of the choices is "HTML only", which is rather useless for most people. If you
want to look at a webpage as it would appear in a browser, you must choose "Web Page, complete" from the Save As Type drop-down list. There are other, arguably superior, formats
available, such as Mozilla Archive Format, but that requires a FF extension to be installed.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

I went to this http://www.myrecordjournal.com/ site I saw in your screenshot and was able to right-click on all the images and get a "Save Image As" option in the Context menu. The "Save Link As" option does not save an image but the web page itself, by design.

no_way

Post by no_way »

Thank you Grumpus, but you've missed the point - it was not the picture I right clicked on, but rather the underlined title of the article.

To all of you who replied, none of you "get it". I will quit this forum and seek advice from compassionate, polite, and helpful ADULTS - it is obvious that the majority of the members here have too much free time and too little IT knowledge.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Are you trying to save the image or the website article? In your original post you mention trying to save the .jpg files bu right-clicking on them. Anyway, I am done with this thread.
James

Post by James »

People are trying to help you.

no_way, Sorry but you must be pretty new to forums in general if you think a "Report this post" feature a forum software has is a way to message said poster. I would say the comments you made in report was rather rude and unprofessional compared to the post you reported all because of one word that was not rude.