Can't Delete Anything

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Jadelynx

Can't Delete Anything

Post by Jadelynx »

I can't delete anything off my toolbars, bookmarks, new tabs or anything else in Firefox. It has been this way for quite a while, I keep expecting a fix for it, but I haven't seen anything.

Is there a fix or a work around for this? It is really annoying.

Jade :cry:
kreemoweet

Re: Can't Delete Anything

Post by kreemoweet »

Can't delete WHAT? Be specific, and tell exactly what you tried to do. Your statement "I keep expecting a fix ... " implies that there's someone other than
yourself that has this problem, but I've never heard of any. Certainly not in my FF.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

seems he could not make changes in profile which is in most cases a rights issue in windows (user made)

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Firefox- ... /ta-p/1078
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Firefox- ... e-Settings

create a new profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows or
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

or reset your firefox profile to keep bookmarks and other stuff, read here please
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings
(keeping bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, form data aso.)
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Right click a blank part of the tab bar and then click "Customize". Then right click the objects you want to remove and click "Remove from toolbar".
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You do not have to enter customization mode to have access to "Move to Menu" or "Remove from Toolbar".

You can click Restore Defaults or reset browser.uiCustomization.state on the about:config page.
Jadelynx

Post by Jadelynx »

kreemoweet wrote:Can't delete WHAT? Be specific, and tell exactly what you tried to do. Your statement "I keep expecting a fix ... " implies that there's someone other than
yourself that has this problem, but I've never heard of any. Certainly not in my FF.
Is there something NOT specific about New Tabs, bookmark or things on my tool bar? I can't delete them. And YES, there are others that have this problem, I Googled it and found others with this complaint

I drop down my bookmark menu and try to delete something I get this message: [JavaScript Application] This function has been disabled.

Same thing when I try to delete something off my tool bar. I googled this problem and found a post that said to start Firefox in safe mode and try deleting from there. I got to Firefox safemode, but my toolbar with bookmarks option that I want to delete things off of is not there.....nor is the toolbar under the field where you type URLs there either, so how am I supposed to delete things if the toolbars are not there in safemode?

Is there a way to put a picture in these posts? I can show you what I mean, with a picture.
Last edited by Jadelynx on April 18th, 2017, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jadelynx

Post by Jadelynx »

Reflective wrote:Right click a blank part of the tab bar and then click "Customize". Then right click the objects you want to remove and click "Remove from toolbar".
This is not the toolbar that I want to remove things from. I want to remove things from the toolbar under thefield where you type in site URLs
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Customize will allow you to customize ALL of the tool bars - add or remove stuff on all of them.

Another way to get there: View | Toolbars | Customize
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Jadelynx

Post by Jadelynx »

makaiguy wrote:Customize will allow you to customize ALL of the tool bars - add or remove stuff on all of them.

Another way to get there: View | Toolbars | Customize
I tried this the first time you suggested it. The toolbar I want to delete things from is not showing when I am in customize. I looked in every selection and it is not there, so apparently customize does not cover ALL toolbars. I am talking about the toolbar that you can add favorites to, that is located under the field where you type in URLs when you want to go to websites. It is the very bottom thing, directly above the page you are viewing on your computer. When the bar gets full, it has a button on the far right with >> on it and when you click on it, a drop down menu shows the rest of the websites you have put on the bar.

This toolbar is the first thing I noticed not being able to delete things off of.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

To hide the Bookmarks toolbar, Right click an empty area of the Tab Bar and in the the popup you get un-tic Bookmarks Tool bar.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Jadelynx

Post by Jadelynx »

JayhawksRock wrote:To hide the Bookmarks toolbar, Right click an empty area of the Tab Bar and in the the popup you get un-tic Bookmarks Tool bar.

I don't want to delete the whole toolbar, I just want the ability to delete things OFF the toolbar that I don't want there anymore.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You should be able to remove bookmarks from the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
You can try to open a new window if you can't remove the bookmarks.
Note that it is possible that there are issues with some menu items when you have been using customization mode during a session.
A browser restart should fix this issue.
Jadelynx

Post by Jadelynx »

dickvl wrote:You should be able to remove bookmarks from the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
You can try to open a new window if you can't remove the bookmarks.
Note that it is possible that there are issues with some menu items when you have been using customization mode during a session.
A browser restart should fix this issue.
I downloaded the Bookmark Manager Add On for Firefox and when I tried to delete a bookmark through it, I got the same message. THIS FUNCTION IS DISABLED.

I have restarted my browser many times, I have uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. I am out of ideas on how to fix this problem. How did this function become disabled? I used to be able to delete things without a problem, I have not changed anything about Firefox. This has been going on for months.

Can anyone help me? :?