Envelope icon in calendar month view

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Barkley Hound

Envelope icon in calendar month view

Post by Barkley Hound »

Every event has a description within a date. There are icons at the end of the description. I know that a bell indicates an alarm was set. What does an envelope mean? Are there other icons? I have compared this entry with ones without the envelope and can not see a difference.

Happy112

Re: Envelope icon in calendar month view

Post by Happy112 »

Hi Barkley Hound !
Probably a very dumb question, but is this about an add-on ?
And if so : could you ask the developer ?
Barkley Hound

Post by Barkley Hound »

Happy112 wrote:Hi Barkley Hound !
Probably a very dumb question, but is this about an add-on ?
And if so : could you ask the developer ?
It is now included in Thunderbird and there is no contact info.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Hi again Barkley Houd !
I'd been searching and searching, to no avail, before I asked you about the add-on.
Just now I went back to search some more, but a little less than an hour ago Mozilla (temporarily) switched back to the Kitsune platform, which means that right now I can't access any of the usual URL's.
So sorry !
Hopefully somebody else will be able to come to your rescue ......
(the envelope icon must have something to do with incoming or outgoing emails, don't you think ?)
Barkley Hound

Post by Barkley Hound »

Happy112 wrote:Hi again Barkley Houd !
I'd been searching and searching, to no avail, before I asked you about the add-on.
Just now I went back to search some more, but a little less than an hour ago Mozilla (temporarily) switched back to the Kitsune platform, which means that right now I can't access any of the usual URL's.
So sorry !
Hopefully somebody else will be able to come to your rescue ......
(the envelope icon must have something to do with incoming or outgoing emails, don't you think ?)
It seems to have something to do with mail but I have never linked any to the event. I recreated the same entry using the same repeats and alarms and the envelope was not there. I then deleted the original.
Decathlon

Post by Decathlon »

It's an event with two types of reminders: a sound and an email.
You can see the envelope icon because you probably installed the Provider for Google Calendar addon and you (or someone else) set both reminder types from Google Calendar or from Lightning.
Barkley Hound

Post by Barkley Hound »

Decathlon wrote:It's an event with two types of reminders: a sound and an email.
You can see the envelope icon because you probably installed the Provider for Google Calendar addon and you (or someone else) set both reminder types from Google Calendar or from Lightning.
I do not and have never had that add-on. I can find no place to indicate I want an email notification. Where would I find that?

It is possible that years ago I may have tried to use the Google Calendar with the email notification. They may have been transferred to Lightning when first installed. I never noticed the envelope but it may have been there all the time. I have 3 reminder that take place every 9 days. The result is 1 every 3 days at a different time. Only 1 had the envelope. Why would there be an envelope in Lightning when the feature was never used there?
Decathlon

Post by Decathlon »

Barkley Hound wrote: Why would there be an envelope in Lightning when the feature was never used there?
I'm not sure if the envelope icon appears without the Provider for GC but maybe that reminder was set from Google side or another remote calendar that allows the mail notification by means some mail server. You can see the icon in Lightning even if the notification has been set from the remote calendar and not from Lightning.

The calendar with the event is local or remote? If remote, try to check the event from the server and see the default settings for notifications.
Can you delete that reminder from Lightning? When you open the event and the custom reminder dialog, can you see both (or more) reminders in the list?
Barkley Hound

Post by Barkley Hound »

Decathlon wrote:
Barkley Hound wrote: Why would there be an envelope in Lightning when the feature was never used there?
I'm not sure if the envelope icon appears without the Provider for GC but maybe that reminder was set from Google side or another remote calendar that allows the mail notification by means some mail server. You can see the icon in Lightning even if the notification has been set from the remote calendar and not from Lightning.

The calendar with the event is local or remote? If remote, try to check the event from the server and see the default settings for notifications.
Can you delete that reminder from Lightning? When you open the event and the custom reminder dialog, can you see both (or more) reminders in the list?
There was nothing in custom other than an alarm about 15 hours early. I have deleted and recreated the alarm with all the same parameters and there is no longer an envelope. It would be nice to know why it was there but it is no longer important.