quick bookmark

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jstooch

quick bookmark

Post by jstooch »

Hi just got FF 53 and now I can't send a quick bookmark into a specific folder any more. I used a quick bookmark icon in my tool bar that would ask which folder to put it now it won't work. Any help please.
LIMPET235

Re: quick bookmark

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Is this "Quick Bookmark" an extension?
This one? > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
If so, it hasn't been updated since it's release in 2012.
&, there doesn't seem to be any contact details.

If that is not the correct extension, which one are you running?
See if there's an update for it or find another similar extension.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

If it's not that 'Quick Bookmark' ... maybe this one? ... I use it but I have not updated to 53 yet... I'll know in an hour or so if it still works after an update though...
Add Bookmark Here ² :: Add-ons for Firefox

OK... just updated my Firefox and then tested that extension that I posted... still works fine... a single click on the bookmarking icon opens up the folders listing... including the Bookmarks bar... works fine.

EDIT ... thank LIMPET235 for the link issue... fixed...
Last edited by dfoulkes on April 20th, 2017, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Errr, df..
Wrong link, methink.
:)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Fixed... thanks for that... helping us old people :lol: :-"
Last edited by dfoulkes on April 20th, 2017, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jstooch

Post by jstooch »

Hi I have been using the extension Toolbar Buttons 1.1 for years now and when I save a bookmark I get a drop down window that asks where I would like to save it to. With FF 53 it stopped working there is no option to drop it int any folder. Not a big deal but how can I assign a book mark to a specific folder just using FF, it just puts the bookmark into bookmarks and I have to drag it into a folder. Can't remember how to do that, been using that extension for so long I forgot. Any help please
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I also use that Toolbar buttons extension buy never used that button... I just pulled it up to my loc-bar and clicked on it... it bookmarked this link with no prompting for a folder... it did bookmark the link just like native Firefox does...

So, if you want it looked into you'll have to interact with the author... or its forum...
Toolbar Buttons 1.1 :: Codefisher.org

...also, that extension that I mentioned above still works fine... you might want to look at it... and if you use it I can let you know how to stretch it folder page to fit your screen.
jstooch

Post by jstooch »

Hi thanks ,but that one button won't work for me ,but the rest still do. I found a work around though with this extension Add Bookmark Here ² 52.0.20170311.It works the same but with no button you have to use the bookmarks drop down window. One more step but its ok for now.Maybe its just a FF53 glich that they will fix.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I wasn't posting that the button worked or not... I was just verifying that it did not do what it was supposed to do...

That 'work around' was the extension that I had posted above... BTW...
As for how to bookmark... and while using that extension... if I click on the standard 'Bookmark this page' icon it opens up the dropdown menu so that I can place it in a folder.... also, if you right-click pretty much anywhere on a page the context menu displays and one of the items listed is the same Bookmark this page...if that is not happening in your system... you may want to look at the extensions options...

Also, if you have a large screen and want more folders listed with that extension ... start to bookmark a page and when that dropdown menu displays don't bookmark... but move your mouse arrow onto that line that is just above the New Folder button and you will see the vertical up/down arrow display... when that shows up... drag that line up or down as you need.