Lightning will not work in SeaMonkey

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
gracious1

Lightning will not work in SeaMonkey

Post by gracious1 »

Hello. I am having a devil of a time with Lightning and feel like a complete idiot. :(

I tried several times to use Extension Converter to convert Lightning for SeaMonkey 2.46 with no success. ](*,) Then I found out that for SM 2.46 I need to use a beta version. So I finally found the one and only version that works with SM 2.46, Lightning 5.1b1. Now according to MDN, this is a stable release that should work on SM 2.46.

So after I installed it, I found that I could modify the preferences, but....where is the calendar? There is no button, no menu item — nothing that could start up the calendar. There is nothing that lets me add new events. There is no way to access this program at all. ](*,)

Somebody please help me. I'm using SM 2.46 (x86_64) on Ubuntu 14.04 .
[-o<
rsx11m

Re: Lightning will not work in SeaMonkey

Post by rsx11m »

Moving to Calendar.

As an indicator that Lightning is running, open the Mail & Newsgroup window in SeaMonkey. In the status bar (lower right corner), you should see a tab saying "Today Pane" with today's date. You should also see a menu item "Events and Tasks" where you may need to hold down the ALT key to see it. The Calendar tab can also be invoked with the Cltr+Shift+C keyboard shortcut.

Does any of this work for you?