[Ext] Easy Copy

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
gssq

Re: [Ext] Easy Copy

Post by gssq »

Love this addon. Is the twitter account @EclipseOnETips still active/being monitored btw?

Also, would be good to have to export templates (I'm trying to sync my work and home PCs)
mrwul

Post by mrwul »

I am trying to create my own template that gets me:
the source text - plus
the URL

Example, let say, on this page (at the top) mozilla+URL -resulting in following:

mozillaZine - http://forums.mozillazine.org/

When I select an area on a website, it should -only- do this for URLs

I have tried to create my own template, but it does not work.

==
==

Tried with Title and Links On Page (Text) : %title% - %links_text%

results in:
=
=

The page I used for this example can be found on: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tweede_Ka ... ingen_1922

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
=
kankan

Post by kankan »

Hello all,

I am looking to build a template to copy content and URL at the same time.
Ex : browser display :
This is a message with an url
where url contains a link

Would like this render :

Code: Select all

This is a message with an <a href="#">url</a>
Does any one knows if the plugin offers such a possibility and if yes what are the arguments to parse in the template ?

NB : i can't use %html_source% as it copies unwanted code. Source code has been generated by wysiwyg editor (yuck) and contains lot of unwanted code :(

Thanks a lot !
gssq

Post by gssq »

There seems to be a bug with "Remove unnecessary text"

When I copy the Title + Link (text) (template: <a href="%url%">%title%</a>) at http://reason.com/blog/2017/04/19/unive ... exy-captai, I get:

University Keeps Painting of Sexy Captain America Beheading President Trump, As Well It Should - Hit & Run : Reason.com http://reason.com/blog/2017/04/19/unive ... exy-captai

Yet " - Hit & Run : Reason.com" is in my list of lines to chop

I suspect it's because & and & are treated differently (the page title from Properties is "University Keeps Painting of Sexy Captain America Beheading President Trump, As Well It Should - Hit & Run : Reason.com")

So it looks like Easy Copy copies the page title to the clipboard with & changed to &, but the logic recognising text to strip sees the original page title
FoxFocus

Post by FoxFocus »

Thank you for this superb add-on. I wish I had discovered it much sooner, because I utilize it daily to a great extent.

Please allow me two questions:

1. Until very recently, I was able to copy the URI's of selected links > HTML-link to paste into Outlook messages. I am not sure what brought this on, but while it seems that I can still copy the URI's of the selected links, these will (apparently) paste into the message body of Outlook, but will not display the HTML-link (TITEL-link?). In fact, not one of the three Tab>Context Menu>Copy URIs of Selected Tabs will be pasted. However, any of the Easy Copy/Copy All Tabs options selected from the Page Context Menu an pasted into the message body of Outlook will function 100%. My apologies if all of the foregoing sounds awry, but it is quite difficult to explain this. I can really only say the tabs context menu is broken for me.

2. I have tried to add add an action to Easy Copy/Copy All Tabs, which will allow me to copy the TITLE-link of SELECTED TABS from the Page Context Menu. I failed in this, and I do hope you can help me achieve this by providing an example of the action for me to follow.

Thank you.
Jost0123

Post by Jost0123 »

Just wondering if there is going to be any updates to Easy Copy that may include new features?
AM088

Post by AM088 »

Hi

Will there be a WebExtension version of this add-on for Firefox 57?

Thanks
lordbii

Post by lordbii »

Will Easy Copy support Firefox Quantum/WebExtensions?
The answer, unfortunately, is No.

I loved making Easy Copy and hearing how it's helped people. But, as a hobby extension, it took a lot of time to develop and I just don't have that time anymore, not with my day job and other side projects that I'm working on. Proof: There hasn't been an update to it in over 2 years :)

Mozilla, rightly, introduced a very different model for Firefox extensions, one which I think and hope has made Firefox better and leaner. But it also means that Easy Copy will probably need a rewrite or, at best, a time-sapping port.

Like many of you, I still use Easy Copy myself and have mainly stuck to an older version of Firefox to keep using it and a couple of other, older extensions. I don't know of any good, functioning alternatives either. Eventually I'll have to upgrade but I'm hoping by then that someone would have made an Easy Copy altenative so I don't have to :)

I appreciate everyone's awesome feedback and I'm glad I could make the Internet a bit easier to copy!
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Thanks. I just stumbled across this post today. Are you (lordbii) the same person as oombii, who started this?

I use MakeLink, and it sounds similar to this extension. Neither works with version 57. Waiting.
LL25255252

Post by LL25255252 »

The dev of Text MultiCopy addon - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... multicopy/ - said (in a a reply to a request by one of the reviewers) he's considering adding this functionality in his next update.
BTW - I installed his extension. It is very useful.
mwoffenden

Post by mwoffenden »

Will there be a webextensions version of EasyCopy?
Jost0123

Post by Jost0123 »

As of Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (32-bit) Easy Copy has stopped working for me. No errors. It just does not copy anything to the clipboard.
LL25255252

Post by LL25255252 »

Jost0123 wrote:As of Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (32-bit) Easy Copy has stopped working for me. No errors. It just does not copy anything to the clipboard.
Works fine for me on Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (32-bit) Win 7 x64. Works fine also on Basilisk 2018.06.01 (32-bit) :)
gssq

Post by gssq »

If anyone needs a replacement for newer FF builds, I am using Link Text and Location Copier. Pretty much the same except you can't trim extraneous prefixes/suffixes
LL25255252

Post by LL25255252 »

gssq wrote:If anyone needs a replacement for newer FF builds, I am using Link Text and Location Copier. Pretty much the same except you can't trim extraneous prefixes/suffixes
I mainly use the Pale Moon browser but this " Link Text and Location Copier" is indeed a good replacement for EasyCopy in Firefox. Thanx :)