IMAP Issues with Thunderbird and Outlook.com?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Mojo88

Re: IMAP Issues with Thunderbird and Outlook.com?

Post by Mojo88 »

mmortal03 wrote:......lol, the irony being that one reason people have most recently moved to Thunderbird from Microsoft email clients was because Microsoft broke Windows Live Mail in various ways:
https://messengergeek.wordpress.com/201 ... nt-page-1/
Yes, the irony did not escape me. I had used Live Mail for years, then MS broke it. I switched to Thunderbird and was elated, for a while.............
Jaybonaut

Post by Jaybonaut »

This is so frustrating.

Are they trying to force everyone to use the crappy mail app within Windows 10?

I didn't read all 7 pages but I assume no one has a solution?
brucegz

Post by brucegz »

"outlook.office365.com"

Are you suggesting to change the incoming server to the above? I've been following and experience the same issue. I have 2 other iMap accounts on Tbird and they work fine. In the past month the Outlook and only the Outlook is have major slow dysfunctional issues on 3 different computers, 2 different outlook.com accounts.
Mojo88

Post by Mojo88 »

Still not fixed, that's for sure. Just tried to login using T-Bird.
brucegz

Post by brucegz »

Try changing your incoming server to "outlook.office365.com". It worked for me 24 hours in.
brucegz

Post by brucegz »

fabrice.regnier wrote:
fabrice.regnier wrote:Same for me. For few days, 157.56.254.178 (M$ mail server) doesn't want me to connect with thunderbird client.
Sorry for the noise. Instead of the IP, i used the FQDN (outlook.office365.com) and then everything goes ok.
Thanks for this solution. It appears to be working by changing my incoming server to outlook.office365.com. Not sure why but it's much much better. Much appreciated!
Bplayer

Post by Bplayer »

brucegz wrote:Try changing your incoming server to "outlook.office365.com". It worked for me 24 hours in.
Amazing. I was skeptical but changing the server name from imap-mail.outlook.com to outlook.office365.com works and performance is back to normal.
Mojo88

Post by Mojo88 »

Bplayer wrote:
brucegz wrote:Try changing your incoming server to "outlook.office365.com". It worked for me 24 hours in.
Amazing. I was skeptical but changing the server name from imap-mail.outlook.com to outlook.office365.com works and performance is back to normal.
Well, I will certainly give this a try and report back after a couple of restarts. I can only hope that it's this easy. Thanks for posting this info! Much appreciated.................... Dave F. :)
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

Changing the incoming server here to outlook.office365.com results in instant synchronization. Changing the outgoing to smtp.office365.com also works.

https://support.office.com/en-us/articl ... 7113525f6c
MossyRocky

Post by MossyRocky »

Thank you! Changing the incoming and SMTP servers worked for me, too. Performance is back to normal. I'm interested in seeing how long the good performance lasts - i.e., how the servers respond when they're under load during weekdays.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I updated http://kb.mozillazine.org/Hotmail to recommend using those servers if you run into performance problems.
Mojo88

Post by Mojo88 »

Seems to be working with the new server info inserted! Excellent! Easy fix. Let's hope it continues to work. I will post back in a few days to confirm. Hopefully others will too.

Thanks to all! :D
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks to Microsoft for finally getting around to letting out the necessary changes in server names.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

DanRaisch wrote:Thanks to Microsoft for finally getting around to letting out the necessary changes in server names.
A sandwich bag full of elephant excrement for Microsoft taking so effing long to let the required information out from the back room.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yeah, that too.