Tab Effect Similar to Firefox

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
L.A.R. Grizzly

Tab Effect Similar to Firefox

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Currently, I'm using the following code in FX to allow me to have an extended amount of tabs open before the scrolling icons appear in the tab bar.

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab[fadein]:not([pinned]) { min-width: 10px !important; }
Would someone supply me with the code needed in SM to accomplish the same thing?

Also, I've grown accustomed to the way the tabs animate in FX to the left when you close tabs from left to right. Is there a way to get the same tab animation in SM?
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
barbaz

Re: Tab Effect Similar to Firefox

Post by barbaz »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Currently, I'm using the following code in FX to allow me to have an extended amount of tabs open before the scrolling icons appear in the tab bar.

.tabbrowser-tab[fadein]:not([pinned]) { min-width: 10px !important; }
Would someone supply me with the code needed in SM to accomplish the same thing?
Just remove the "fadein" attribute -

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) { min-width: 10px !important; }
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

barbaz wrote:Just remove the "fadein" attribute -

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) { min-width: 10px !important; }
Thanks, barbaz! Works great!
Last edited by L.A.R. Grizzly on April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! 8-)
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

barbaz wrote:You're welcome! 8-)
And on my second request, maybe an explanation is useful:

Say I have 20 tabs open in FX. When I click the close "X" on the far left tab, the tab closes and the tab width remains the same on all tabs until I remove my cursor from the tab bar. Then, all tab widths adjust to the remainder of the tab bar. In SM, when I close the leftmost tab, all tabs immediately resize to the tab bar (requiring me to have to move my cursor every time I want to close another tab). Is there a way to make SM act in the same manner as FX?
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

But SeaMonkey does not even have a close button on tabbrowser tabs. Middle-clicking the tabs closes them, so that does not matter too much.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Anonymosity wrote:But SeaMonkey does not even have a close button on tabbrowser tabs. Middle-clicking the tabs closes them, so that does not matter too much.
Yeah, I have Sea Fox installed and that gives me the close buttons. I can get used to using the middle mouse button, but I was just trying to get SM to work like FX. I guess I'm getting too lazy to change habits.

I'm preparing ahead for this fall's change in add-on handling in FX. If Aris drops support for Classic Theme Restorer, I'll be switching over to SM and I'm just trying to get it as close to FX as possible. I've done remarkably well. Sometimes, If I have both browsers open at the same time, I often have a time where I mix up the two, they look so similar.
Last edited by L.A.R. Grizzly on May 1st, 2017, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
therube

Post by therube »

allow me to have an extended amount of tabs open before the scrolling icons appear in the tab bar.
(SeaMonkey still has the Preference, browser.tabs.tabMinWidth, if that accomplishes what you need.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

therube wrote:
allow me to have an extended amount of tabs open before the scrolling icons appear in the tab bar.
(SeaMonkey still has the Preference, browser.tabs.tabMinWidth, if that accomplishes what you need.)
Thanks, therube. I'm using that pref and I have it set to "0". It still lets the scrolling arrows appear with about 10 tabs open. By using the code above, I can have about 25 tabs open without the scrolling arrows showing. Just makes a cleaner appearance, IMO.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote: Thanks, therube. I'm using that pref and I have it set to "0". It still lets the scrolling arrows appear with about 10 tabs open. By using the code above, I can have about 25 tabs open without the scrolling arrows showing. Just makes a cleaner appearance, IMO.
I have browser.tabs.tabMinWidth set to 16 and I do not see any tab scroll buttons even with 30 tabs. I rarely have that many tabs open at once anyway.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Anonymosity wrote:I have browser.tabs.tabMinWidth set to 16 and I do not see any tab scroll buttons even with 30 tabs. I rarely have that many tabs open at once anyway.
Thanks for your help in my diagnosis. I've found that if I set browser.tabs.tabMinWidth to default (100), I can only open 10 tabs until the scrolling arrows appear. I had it set to "0" and that was my problem. If I set it to anywhere from 1 to 16 (I didn't try anything higher, except 100), I can open 30 tabs before the scrolling arrows appear. So, I don't need the .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) { min-width: 10px !important; } code any longer.

Many thanks to all who helped me figure this out!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security