The Official 20170503 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Orangutan100

Re: The Official 20170503 builds are not yet out

Post by Orangutan100 »

Nothingman wrote:Has anyone else experience slow downs, hangs, and slightly "not responding issues" with nightly for the past week or so? Especially with switching tabs or opening menus from icons like ublock/umatrix or even the hamburger menu? it usually starts after about 20 to 30 minutes of browser use and persist until nightly is closed.
Me too! This issue began overnight for me - 2May, I was running the 30Apr build and everything was buttery smooth, 3May I am still on the same build (I have auto-updates disabled) but browser performance is severely messed up.

Issues that I have noticed:
1) "Nightly...seems...slow to start" - I had never been shown this warning before. Health report confirms that Nightly is indeed taking 4-7 times the time to start-up
2) Tons of "Firefox is not responding" even with e10s enabled
3) Tons of that "web page is slowing down Firefox" notification bar, even on simple Bugzilla and Google pages
4) Page loads much slower, with even simple pages like Bugzilla making the tab load progress spinner complete a dozen rotations.
5) Frequent crashes at browser close - that window saying "Firefox crashed, let Mozilla know?" would popup.
6) about:crashes is completely full of crashes all within yesterday (3May), but they all seem to be IPCError-browser | ShutDownKill. Here is one link - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... 9790170503

I got these same issues even after restarting with add-ons disabled and even in a fresh, new profile I just created.

I'm on:
1) Nightly 32bit, currently the 30 Apr build (I have moved back and forth from ~22Apr-2May during my testing).
2) Windows 10 64-bit v1607, with no recent updates.
3) e10s has always been force enabled (but I have never had such issues in the past)
4) No plugins, apart from OpenH264 and Widevine
5) None of my add-ons have been updated recently, and of course, like I said, I could reproduce the issues even in safe mode / new profile
6) No external software has been un/installed recently. The only antivirus I have is Windows Defender and that is not interfering. The only firewall I have is Comodo and that is not interfering either.
streetwolf

Re: The Official 20170503 builds are not yet out

Post by streetwolf »

Nothingman wrote:Has anyone else experience slow downs, hangs, and slightly "not responding issues" with nightly for the past week or so? Especially with switching tabs or opening menus from icons like ublock/umatrix or even the hamburger menu? it usually starts after about 20 to 30 minutes of browser use and persist until nightly is closed.
I've been getting a few tab crashes and messages that a site is slowing Fx down. Not very many and few and far between. Haven't noticed anything else unusual.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Josa

Re: The Official 20170503 builds are out

Post by Josa »