Message Download Error - Mailbox Full?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
cyberpitboss

Message Download Error - Mailbox Full?

Post by cyberpitboss »

This is a nagging issue for me. I have no viruses and I keep my box compacted but I am constantly receiving a popup saying that the message may have a virus or the box may be full. If I choose to skip the message, my emails get scrambled and the contents of the message do not match the subject or sender so I have say no and keep checking the Get Messages button. This is really annoying when I get over 100 messages a day. Am I alone here or is there a solution already in place to fix this issue?
LIMPET235

Re: Message Download Error - Mailbox Full?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Which mail protocol is this account set up to use, POP3 or IMAP? You can check by clicking on the account name in the left pane, then View settings for this account (right pane) | Server settings (left pane) | Server type will be shown at top of right pane.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
cyberpitboss

Post by cyberpitboss »

I have quite a few accounts but the main one is POP3 which is the one that is having this issue.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

First, backup your Profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup )

Create a new sub-folder under Local Folders. Move all of the messages currently in your Inbox to that new subfolder.

Confirm that you have made the recommended backup of your Profile.

Close Thunderbird and navigate to the \Mail sub-folder of your Profile folder. Delete both the file Inbox.msf and the file Inbox with no extension.

Restart Thunderbird and you should find a new, empty Inbox folder in place. Copy any messages you MUST have in your Inbox from the sub-folder created above to the Inbox. Compact the Inbox after those messages are copied in.

The "Real Fix" entry in this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders#Real_fix also describes this process.