Flash down to a crawl

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
lovemyfoxy

Flash down to a crawl

Post by lovemyfoxy »

An unusual Flash problem, which started yesterday. Flash has written the encyclopedia of problems. Here's an example that's going in slow motion. I've played this game for years with no problem:
http://www.puzzlegameshq.com/games/bubble_shooter/

So I eliminated variables:
It happens on this site too, which I've used for about a year:
http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/strea ... nlimited//
It DOESN'T happen with Flash in Opera (a Chrome look-alike) or Chrome. I know they use
different versions of Flash
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash 25.0.0.171
I can see the test here: https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I selected this Flash video site randomly. The videos won't run, and I get this message "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue."

Task Manager with Firefox shows only "plug-in-container," not that + "FlashPlayer."
Recently I had a problem with Flash not shutting down. Now it won't start. ](*,) 8-[

If you think this isn't a FF problem, I'll post it at the Flash forums.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Happy112

Re: Flash down to a crawl

Post by Happy112 »

Hi !
Would you please take a look at this article :
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wa ... ive-script
'Hope you'll find the solution to your problem there (fingers crossed) !

Separate issue : Would you (for now) disable Bitdefender, as it's been causing major problems lately.
See :
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1363317
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Turned off BD, no difference.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:The link you sent is for the entire Firefox being laggy. It's only Flash here.
Take another look at the message you get (you mentioned it in your original post).
Then read the article again ...... what is the first line ?
BitDefender won't let me disable it in Task Manager. Any suggestions?
Note : I just heard that (unlike some other companies) Bitdefender is working on it as we speak and
hopefully this will be solved soon (if not already).
But as this has nothing to do with your current problem : just ignore my previous advice (was meant as a precaution).
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Disabling wont help, need complete uninstall to focus issue.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Brummelchen wrote:Disabling wont help, need complete uninstall to focus issue.
Apart from the fact that the Bitdefender issue is not applicable to the OP's current problem :
To remove the program would in this case be a bit drastic, as Bitdefender is working on it as we speak and may already have fixed it.
But you're absolutely right if one decides to never use Bitdefender again : remove it.

Quite frankly : right now I'm more interested to see that LoveMyFoxy's problem gets solved.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

they thought behind uninstalling is, that disabling only disables the main scanning but not the extensions and the services behind, some of those are still working. or try windows safe-mode without any services only network ;) (-> msconfig)

except windows 10 there is nothing bad with BD - i think, but i would prefer eset - if any av. it makes no difference it 1% or 3% per cent hit my computer while the rest is vulnerable ;)
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Bubble shooter was a bit jerky, but Pac-Man runs smoothly: https://www.google.com/logos/2010/pacman10-i.html
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Links WFM.... What happens in Safe Mode ?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

In safe-Mode, totally unexpected results:
the Bubbleshooter page is completely filled with ads. It says "Bubbleshooter" but the game isn't there.
The Streammaster page says "Streammaster," but the rest of the page is blank.

I can't find the .flv video I wanted to post.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Happy112:

The header of the error message is "Warning:Unresponsive script." I read the article you cited, and reset the number to 20. It didn't affect the Flash problem.

I don't think BD is connected to this problem. The Flash Player forum has an entire page of bug reports from users for the newest version. I suspect Flash is at fault. I can wait; none of those games are vital.
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on May 11th, 2017, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Foxy, FWIW, with Win7, other than maybe for downloading Vids, you shouldn't need any Flash/HTML5 extensions, a test profile might validate that.
@Go to Control Panel > Flash Player, and delete any files in Storage/Advanced.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

how sharp is your script filter set? it is also possible that flash execution exceeds wait time from script or if flash is detached to is own "window" (fullscreen)
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Had it at 10, I reset it to 20, and it's not in its own window. This is something that just started a few days ago. Games I can play in my XP puter, but I need some videos for online work. Meanwhile I'm opening them to Opera, so it's not catastrophic. I might be one of the few members here who doesn't think the sky is falling when my FF is wonky.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

mightyglydd wrote:Foxy, FWIW, with Win7, other than maybe for downloading Vids, you shouldn't need any Flash/HTML5 extensions, a test profile might validate that.
@Go to Control Panel > Flash Player, and delete any files in Storage/Advanced.
OK, did that. But FF won't play Flash without the plugin