Win10 Creators Update - blurry fonts in taskbar

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
TheVisitor

Win10 Creators Update - blurry fonts in taskbar

Post by TheVisitor »

The thumbnails on the task-bar appear blurry with this update. They were clear and readable before the update, not they are blurry and have rainbow effect on the letters of a web page when viewed in the thumbnail.

Anyone else seeing that ?
Grumpus

Re: Win10 Creators Update - blurry fonts in taskbar

Post by Grumpus »

@The Visitor - There was a warning from MS not to install the Win 10 creators update a week or so ago.
I posted as link in one of the threads to the article in the Register, couldn't find it just now.
Found it Stop downloading Win 10 update
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Grumpus wrote:@The Visitor - There was a warning from MS not to install the Win 10 creators update a week or so ago.
I posted as link in one of the threads to the article in the Register, couldn't find it just now.
Found it Stop downloading Win 10 update

Thanks Grumpus, it came through the normal windows update channel. I did not jump the gun and grab it as soon at it came out. MS update on patch tuesday downloaded the pre-check patches and downloaded the full update today. Took about an hour to install. Everything seems OK so far expect for the thumbnails, and I can live with that I guess.
Manheim2

Post by Manheim2 »

theVisitor: Go to the tenforums site at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/828 ... -10-a.html and D/L the wushowhide.diagcab. The tenforums site explains how to use the wushowhide.diagcab commonly referred to as Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10. I've been using it for more than a couple of months to hide Window 10 updates and it works perfectly. It will even hide recurrent Windows 10 updates every time they pop up. Or you can D/L it directly from the Microsoft site if you prefer here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... %3Dtwitter with directions on how to use it.

Forgot to mention that to use the program you have to hit the Advanced button and uncheck the check mark and then let it Search for the updates you want to hide. The Search Cycle takes some time to complete and find the updates, You then need to check mark the boxes of the updates you wish to hide. The program will then show a window confirming the updates to be hidden and after you confirm same, the program takes time cycling again until it finds the updates being hidden. You then get a window stating Problems Found which shows the hidden updates. Finally you hit the CLOSE button at the bottom of the window. The very last thing you need to do is RESTART the PC in order for the updates to actually be hidden.

I'm giving the Step By Step procedure details to make it easier for you to hide any updates you don't want installed as I had to play around with the program a bit until I figured out how to make it work properly.