[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
marty60

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by marty60 »

Hi Aris, I understand that about website favicons, in about:config "browser.chrome.site_icons" are disabled because I don't want site icons. But in Menubar/Bookmarks the ability to change the generic default icon for all the bookmarks in CTR no longer works. Are you experiencing the same problem?

The fact that there's a delay in icons displaying when accessing Menubar/Bookmarks, particularly inside folders is not a CTR issue but a performance regression that probably needs a bug filed.
Last edited by marty60 on May 15th, 2017, 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Next CTR beta will handle stop and reload buttons and the "action" button area.
Thanks for the fix!
However there seems to be rather significant gap between the buttons and the urlbar that wasn't there before. If I try to drag to remove it the whole urlbar is moved. So I guess the gap is part of the urlbar somehow.

(Not sure if it's CTR related but I can't switch to another tab when the customization mode is enabled, and FF gets stuck in it when I close the tab. Pressing the exit button works.)
Aris

Post by Aris »

@marty60
Recent changes apply to all bookamark favicons (chromesite and website) no matter where they are. The code CTR uses is based on (pref-Fx55) Firefox tagging bookmarks with favicons/images present with a source node "scr=url of image" and not tagging bookmarks without favicons at all. That way CTR could add a custom favicon/image for bookmarks missing own favicons/images. Now all bookmarks are tagged having a source favicon/image, even if they don't.

The delay may be system specific. I don't see it on my system.

@avada
The is causes by CTRs movable back/forward buttons. It was needed previously, when CTR removed default buttons, that were attached to location bar.
I will fix it on next update.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Thanks for the quick fix, the refresh button is gone and so is the useless action button area.

The latest builds have destroyed the firefox 2 theme I've been using and its own bookmark favicon that I like so I'm forced to use the default theme for now. The bookmark icon delay may be related to Windows 7, there's problems with that OS and firefox that the others don't seem to have.
ChewInternetExplorer

Post by ChewInternetExplorer »

Aris, you might want to know that the latest Nightly (date-code — 17th May 2017) has introduced a couple of issues (among others.)

At first run when the Nightly is opened (to about:blank):—
  1. The Location Bar is transparent — after a while it becomes normal though (but the issue also occurs when the cursor is placed anywhere on the Location bar,) and
  2. The small (forward) history arrow is now always present (causing the background to be messed-up.)
I understand that this is not a CTR issue.
Aris

Post by Aris »

More and more Photon changes land in Firefox 55. I highly recommend to switch to Fx 52 ESR, if you want to keep using CTR or the "current" Firefox ui.

1. No idea, if this is a bug or a feature, but it is related to lw-themes. No such thing happens on default or internal compact themes.
2. Button is always present, because back and forward buttons are not connected to location bars textbox anymore. If you don't hide stop and reload buttons in location bar, they are right between forward button and location bar now.

Hide the forward button with this (button/location bar clipping was removed from default browser code):

Code: Select all

#forward-button[disabled="true"] {
  display: none !important;
}
Does anyone know, if current Nightly 55 changes will make their way to 55 beta? Or will they maybe stay on Nightly till 57?
Last edited by Aris on May 17th, 2017, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Aris wrote:Does anyone know, if current Nightly 55 changes will make their way to 55 beta? Or will they maybe stay on Nightly till 57?
I'm not 100% ceratin. Ask them on the Builds Nightly thread - those guys know everything that's going on, for sure.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Frank Lion wrote:[...]those guys know everything that's going on, for sure.
Not everything for sure,
but even Mozilla don't know everything what's going on, looking on some Photon bugs :vamp:
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris wrote:Does anyone know, if current Nightly 55 changes will make their way to 55 beta? Or will they maybe stay on Nightly till 57?
I'm seeing changes from the V55 being rolled out to the V54 — in fact, there's one more issue that has just manifested on the latest V55 which was immediately rolled-out to the V54 (shall post the screenshots, ASAP.)
tommorrow808

Post by tommorrow808 »

There is a weird popup in the context menu that started with CTR 1.6.5. CTR 1.6.4 doesn't have this issue.

On a clean install of Firefox 52.1.1 ESR on Win7 SP1 64-bit
CTR 1.6.5 or 1.6.6 (no other addons), default options

When I right-click by the Address bar to click Customize...,
"Move to Menu" and "Remove from Toolbar" pop up right when you click on the context menu.
If you click and hold, you'll see them, but you'd totally miss if you did a normal click.
And then you end up clicking the wrong item.

This behavior doesn't happen in 1.6.4, so I think it's something to do with:

1.6.5 [fix(es)]
- location bar: always hide 'move to menu' and 'remove from toolbar' items from button context menu

It's a little better if I add this, but the separator line still appears on click.
#toolbar-context-menu .customize-context-moveToPanel { display: none !important; }
#toolbar-context-menu .customize-context-removeFromToolbar { display: none !important; }

I saw the option General UI > Page 4 > Toolbar context menu, but I don't want to check it because use "Reload All Tabs" and "Undo Close Tab" a lot.

Thanks in advance!
Aris

Post by Aris »

ChewInternetExplorer wrote:
I'm seeing changes from the V55 being rolled out to the V54 — in fact, there's one more issue that has just manifested on the latest V55 which was immediately rolled-out to the V54 (shall post the screenshots, ASAP.)
Post changes you saw being already in Firefox 54.
I basically meant the back, forward, stop and reload button changes and the action menu at location bars end. None of them are visible on Fx 54 b8.
tommorrow808 wrote:There is a weird popup in the context menu that started with CTR 1.6.5. CTR 1.6.4 doesn't have this issue.

On a clean install of Firefox 52.1.1 ESR on Win7 SP1 64-bit
CTR 1.6.5 or 1.6.6 (no other addons), default options

When I right-click by the Address bar to click Customize...,
"Move to Menu" and "Remove from Toolbar" pop up right when you click on the context menu.
If you click and hold, you'll see them, but you'd totally miss if you did a normal click.
And then you end up clicking the wrong item.

This behavior doesn't happen in 1.6.4, so I think it's something to do with:

1.6.5 [fix(es)]
- location bar: always hide 'move to menu' and 'remove from toolbar' items from button context menu

It's a little better if I add this, but the separator line still appears on click.
#toolbar-context-menu .customize-context-moveToPanel { display: none !important; }
#toolbar-context-menu .customize-context-removeFromToolbar { display: none !important; }

I saw the option General UI > Page 4 > Toolbar context menu, but I don't want to check it because use "Reload All Tabs" and "Undo Close Tab" a lot.

Thanks in advance!

You are right about the (new?) issue where clicking on one item does something entirely different than it should. The goal was to hide those "move..." items to make accidental removal of location bar (what breaks ui) impossible. Disabling those items did not work properly in all cases and hiding them with css breaks the functions of the other menu items. That popup is highly unstable and I will hide it on next update, if one uses right-click on location bar items.

In your case to hide the separator this rule "#toolbar-context-menu #toolbar-context-undoCloseTab + menuseparator" has to be used.
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris wrote:
ChewInternetExplorer wrote:
Post changes you saw being already in Firefox 54.
I basically meant the back, forward, stop and reload button changes and the action menu at location bars end. None of them are visible on Fx 54 b8.
Those seem to have been introduced, by design and look as if they're here to stay — won't be surprised to see them on Beta 9/10 of the v54. :mrgreen:
tommorrow808

Post by tommorrow808 »

In your case to hide the separator this rule "#toolbar-context-menu #toolbar-context-undoCloseTab + menuseparator" has to be used.
Ah cool! :) Thanks for all your hard work!
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Aris wrote:I highly recommend to switch to Fx 52 ESR, if you want to keep using CTR or the "current" Firefox ui.
Thanks for all your great work Aris. CTR is the ultimate in fx UI tweaking. Are you planning to continue to support CTR post fx57 for Nightly users (where legacy exts will continue to be available by flipping a pref)?