Open all in tabs showing old tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Penbwlch

Open all in tabs showing old tabs

Post by Penbwlch »

Hi,

I have one set of bookmarks that I like to open all in tabs. I would like each tab to open with current data but they insist on opening with the data from last time viewed. All I seem to be able to do at the moment is to open the tabs and then refresh them all.

The problem seems to be related to the sessions manager. I have deleted the old files in the profile folder, I have tried Tab Mix Plus and selected both their own sessions manager and the Firefox manager. Nothing has worked.

Is there a way round this problem, please?
dfoulkes

Re: Open all in tabs showing old tabs

Post by dfoulkes »

I also use Session Mgr.... and I don't have your problem. Maybe a Options setting in that extension is doing that? ... you might want to post a screen-shot of a couple of those areas... like its Option/general/saving and restoring ... or, the Undo tab settings.
See: Posting_a_screenshot_on_the_forum.
Posting a screenshot on the forum - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
Use a compressed image format like .png or .jpg and please do not post large images that break the forum layout, use thumbnails instead or only post a link.
If you need a place to host a screenshot... Note the "Uploading for general use" section of the document.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
It may be a conflict between TabMix + & Session Manager.
Did you un-install TM + or not?
Have you checked for any leftover prefs in "about:config"?
You may like to try this extension for clearing out any of those leftovers.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Just to add a little info... I also you TMP but in its Options area it shows that TMP detected that Session mgr. was installed and I guess turned sessions over to it... but of course I suppose that a setting within TMP could also be affecting this problem... not sure where that setting would be though.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Thank you for your replies. I still had Tab Mix Plus installed so I have now removed it and installed eCleaner as suggested. I don't know how to check for leftover preferences in about:config but I will see what happens tomorrow morning when I next run open in all tabs. Some of the tabs are updated on a daily basis so I will only be sure as to success or not tomorrow. I will report back.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

dfoulkes wrote:Just to add a little info... I also you TMP but in its Options area it shows that TMP detected that Session mgr. was installed and I guess turned sessions over to it... but of course I suppose that a setting within TMP could also be affecting this problem... not sure where that setting would be though.
I've adjusted all TMP settings that may cause this, not just relating to sessions manager. Having removed TMP, let's see what happens in the morning. If it works, I will re-install TMP and see what happens. I am hoping that the problem was a slight hiccup in the original TMP settings.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

That has worked. All tabs opened this morning with current data. I will now re-install Tab Mix Plus (as there are settings I wish to have) and I will re-test tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Penbwich,
Please see the following from the extension's page on how to use eCleaner...
To do this, go to the list of add-ons and locate eCleaner, open his Options window and
you'll be presented with a list of saved preferences by extension, and their corresponding
number of stored values.
Select the extensions which you no longer have installed and click the "Clear Selected" button. Volia! garbage erased.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Thank you for that, LIMPET235, I will wait to see the result tomorrow morning before I touch anything else, though. All I know at the moment is that it is definitely caused by TMP as the problem went away when I removed TMP. One good thing is that TMP remembered its settings so, if the problem returns I will remove it again, run eCleaner, then re-install TMP. After that it is a matter of looking at individual settings (perhaps with a little help from you guys?). This could take some time.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Just a FYI... I see in this TMP option where it has a setting to 'not' load tabs if the number of tabs exceeds what the user has set... so, if say you have 10 bookmarks that you want to open in tabs but you have the setting to 'not' load tabs if say ... you had it set to 8 ... maybe that would just load stuff from your History or Cache? ... not sure, but I thought I'd point that out.
Help
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

dfoulkes wrote:Just a FYI... I see in this TMP option where it has a setting to 'not' load tabs if the number of tabs exceeds what the user has set... so, if say you have 10 bookmarks that you want to open in tabs but you have the setting to 'not' load tabs if say ... you had it set to 8 ... maybe that would just load stuff from your History or Cache? ... not sure, but I thought I'd point that out.
Help
Thanks for the idea. I did play around with this earlier with this problem. All that seemed to happen is that all the tabs were positioned in the window but all tabs after the cut-off point remained unloaded till that tab was clicked on. The lack of current data existed both before and after the cut-off point.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

OK...that makes sense... then... not sure what is causing your issue.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

dfoulkes wrote:OK...that makes sense... then... not sure what is causing your issue.
I am hoping it was a glitch on the original instalation. If my hope is right, all will work correctly tomorrow morning. If not, it will be a case of working through the settings till we find the problem.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Hi,

The problem had returned this morning so I removed TMP again. This time I ran eCleaner as explained above. There were 25 items shown for tab mix so I removed them all. I then re-loaded TMP. This time all the settings needed to be reset. I now need to wait till tomorrow morning when, hopefully, the problem will be cured.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Hi,

The problem has returned today so it has to be a setting within TMP or a bug. I have just discovered that TMP has its own forum so I will ask there before making any other changes. If I get the answer I will post it here.