siriusxm - no sound

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BillK

siriusxm - no sound

Post by BillK »

I can stream SiriusXM in IE (shudder), but while it looks like it's playing in FF, no sound comes out. I can play PBS videos, MP3s etc.

I am using the latest FireFox on Windows 10 Home (latest updates and patches). I cleared the Cached Web Content, and the Offline Web Content and User Data, then restarted FF, but still no sound from SiriusXM.

When we first got our new car I was able to stream XM in FF. But now that I have signed up for a special offer (after I let it lapse), it won't work. I am logged into it, and it shows a progress bar and the names of ads that are playing, etc.
Reflective

Re: siriusxm - no sound

Post by Reflective »

BillK

Post by BillK »

The first link has to do with radio problems- this is a streaming problem with FF only. So it didn't help.

The second link has a bunch of troubleshooting FAQs. My system meets the requirements (and streaming used to work in FF). I haven't been able to find the issue. I guess I will use IE to stream.

BUT: I found that I can stream it in FF on another machine. That same machine will stream NBC news, while the problem one won't in FF. So looks like I need to spend a day on this. :?
therube

Post by therube »

As a test, create a new, clean Profile & see if that works with Sirius/NBC.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
BillK

Post by BillK »

therube wrote:As a test, create a new, clean Profile & see if that works with Sirius/NBC.
Yep- that worked. THANKS!

I had disabled all of my add-ons (not extensions) and that didn't do it (with my default profile). What now?
:?: