Open all in tabs showing old tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dfoulkes

Re: Open all in tabs showing old tabs

Post by dfoulkes »

It would be interesting to see what happens with those bookmarks if you created a test profile, added those two extensions (only), added those bookmarks and tested with that profile... does not take long to set it up....

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

Also... in my system I do not use any cache... and I'm wondering if that has something to do with this... I wouldn't think so though.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

The cache idea is interesting. However, I'm still trying to log in to the TMP forum to see what they have to say. I am starting to favour the idea of it being a bug. So far I have managed to register on that forum but it will not let me log in. It's a pity nobody else has produced a tab handler add-on. There used to be two or three 10 or 15 years ago.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

I have done nothing while waiting to get access to the TMP forum but today everything worked correctly. I wonder if it needs to build up a background of data before working properly? We may never know. However, I will now wait and see if it works correctly over the next couple of days.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Yeah... sounds strange...
So far I have managed to register on that forum but it will not let me log in
If you have extensions like NoScript or an ad-blocker they may be blocking stuff needed to log in to that site... have you tried disabling that kind of stuff?
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

dfoulkes wrote:Yeah... sounds strange...
So far I have managed to register on that forum but it will not let me log in
If you have extensions like NoScript or an ad-blocker they may be blocking stuff needed to log in to that site... have you tried disabling that kind of stuff?
No, I have not tried that. I will give it a go. In the meantime, I have managed to contact one of the moderators on that forum. He does not know why I could not log in but has looked at my original problem and has said "Try to turn off 'Load tabs progressively when you open more than' in Tab mix options > events > new tabs". That sort of makes sense so I have done just that and I await another test tomorrow morning.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Today, Open in all tabs worked perfectly. I am not sure if it was the delay or the "load tabs progressively" that worked but I think it is safe to say that the problem is now fixed. By the way, dfoulkes, I tried logging in without add block but that did not work either. As the problem is now fixed I no longer need to log in so I will forget that problem for now.

Thank you everyone for your help.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

By the way, dfoulkes, I tried logging in without add block but that did not work either. As the problem is now fixed I no longer need to log in so I will forget that problem for now.
It would still be good if you found out the cause of that login blocking problem...
When you get a chance you might want to restart Firefox in that safe-mode routine... visit that site to see in it works or not... if it works, an extension (most likely) is causing that problem... if it still doesn't work... maybe your AV software... anyway, I'll leave it up to you...

...and...
You're Welcome! :D
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

Well, I have just tried logging in from safe mode and it still failed. I wonder if I got the password wrong. I can see the username so I know that is right. If I ever need to post in there again, I will have to start again and register a new username.
Penbwlch

Post by Penbwlch »

It seems I was right about there being a problem with the password. I asked for a new one and went straight in. All solved.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Good all is working now. =D>