Odd popup window Please Help

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ladyk79

Odd popup window Please Help

Post by ladyk79 »

TB has been installed and working flawlessly on my laptop for years. Until just a few hours ago...

I have no idea what happened. I could no longer send or receive. It was acting completely wonky.

I did a Google search and tried a few suggestions I found. I ended up uninstalling a few times. Nothing worked.
I removed my gmail account and tried to re-add it again. NO GO.

I have no email account in my TB now. And this is what pops up when I try to add my gmail account back into TB:

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae83 ... pfmr9e.jpg

The window is completely non-respondent. NOTHING I click on does anything. I cannot move from the page in the screenshot.

I could really use some help. Like, a lot of help.

I just want my gmail account added back into TB and working like it was a mere 3 hours ago.

Please. Help.
Last edited by Daifne on May 19th, 2017, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed img tags. Size of image breaking forum format.
ladyk79

Re: Odd popup window Please Help

Post by ladyk79 »

Okay. I have no idea how I did this on my own, but I seemed to have fixed the problem.
For both the incoming and outgoing server info, I changed them to "normal password". I also allowed less secure apps in my gmail account.
I'm not sure which one of these changes made the difference and I'm not about to change any of them back now that everything is working!

Only issue now is I now have a subfolder named "Archives" populated under the main Gmail folder. That wasn't there before. Any way to hide that?