Can't get email from Charter - UID FETCH failed

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
HIkerLT

Can't get email from Charter - UID FETCH failed

Post by HIkerLT »

I have a problem now trying to get emails from the Charter email server into my THunderbird email inbox.

I cleaned out almost 5 Gb of old emails from the Charter account, and also cleaned out the 99% full Thunderbird inbox folder.

After that, when I open Thunderbird now, or have it "get mail"...it trys for a while, and then a popup window appears saying :
" The current operation on "Inbox" did not succeed. The mail server for account <myname>@charter.net responded: UID FETCH failed.

Everything was working fine before I did the cleanup...

Any advice or suggestions of what the root cause of problem is and how to fix it is appreciated...
DanRaisch

Re: Can't get email from Charter - UID FETCH failed

Post by DanRaisch »

That suggests that the index file could be corrupted. Right click on the name of the Inbox folder . Select "Properties" from the context menu and then click on "Repair Folder" on the displayed dialogue.
HIkerLT

Post by HIkerLT »

Thanks - I did the repair on the INBOX folder as suggested, but still get the same error message "UID FETCH failed".

Is there any way to get a log file of the detailed communications between Thunderbird and the Charter Server, to see WHY the failure occurs ?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

HIkerLT

Post by HIkerLT »

OK - I created the batch file specified in that link ( I'm running 64-bit Windows 7) :

set MOZ_LOG=IMAP:5,timestamp
set MOZ_LOG_FILE=%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\imap.log
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe"

and then ran it as Administrator...

Thunderbird opens up, and the UID FETCH failed message appears after a delay, but the imap.log file created is empty...

I also tried running netstat during the batch file run...and see state = time wait , until after the error message UID FETCH failed error message appears, and then the state changes to "established"...