Can one force Firefox to cache page contents?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
DVS_75

Can one force Firefox to cache page contents?

Post by DVS_75 »

I am trying to save pictures (there are around thousand of them) from a social network, but when the album of photos form an account is viewed, the photo does not get cached neither on disk, nor in memory (checked "about:cache" page).

Can one force Firefox to cache page contents, or is there an add-on for this purpose? It will be easy then to just copy files from cache and add "jpg" extension programmatically.

Thank you.
dfoulkes

Re: Can one force Firefox to cache page contents?

Post by dfoulkes »

I turn my cache off... but when you say 'nor in memory' does that mean that you had zero records in cache?

Unless you changed the setting Firefox should be caching stuff... have you checked Tool/Options/Advanced/Data choices ... that area controls how my cache Firefox is to keep...

You can also check this out... but I see that it pulls pics out of cache... so, not sure about it helping you.
Save Images :: Add-ons for Firefox
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

The website may have the nocache code enabled so as to save load on their server
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Ulf3000

Post by Ulf3000 »

one of my addons i made specifically for that (in my case a comic wegpage was always re-downloading the pictures and not using the cache :( )

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... nto-cache/

name is self explanatory , just look at teh source code maybe you can modify it to automatically download or what ever you wanna do
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

If that social network is vk then there might be easier way to download photos.
Sorry for my poor English.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

DVS_75
'If' that site allows any user to view those pics ... where we don't have to join... it would be best to post a link to the area that you area talking about.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

malliz wrote:The website may have the nocache code enabled so as to save load on their server
Meant to ask about this a while ago, and forgot ....

Wouldn't setting nocache on the page mean that each time you go to the page you'd have to download it again, and thus INCREASE load on the server?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The currently used Cache2 disk cache doesn't save images and its data separately but uses one file to store meta data (HTTP response headers) and the file (image) data.
You can see that if you inspect the files in the cache in a file viewing utility or on the about:cache page.
See about:profiles for a button to go to the disk cache location.

There are extensions that can safe an image from the disk cache.
Save Images: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/save-images/