Extensions to add features found in other browsers

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
isaacschemm

Extensions to add features found in other browsers

Post by isaacschemm »

I noticed that some of the extensions I have installed just add functionality to SeaMonkey that other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) already have. In particular: I could mention my own WebRTC toggle extension here as well.
Does anybody have any others? It would be nice to make a list.
barbaz

Re: Extensions to add features found in other browsers

Post by barbaz »

Add-ons Manager - Version Number, for being able to see what version of each addon I have installed.

Click-to-Play Manager, for manually adding per-site Flash permissions. The builtin Data Manager only allows viewing, editing, and deleting existing Flash permissions; you can't manually add new Flash permissions.
therube

Post by therube »

Session Restore.
SeaMonkey does not use backups (/sessionstore-backups/) the way the FF does.
I'd doubt there is any kind of extension to do similar.
So if session data is important to you, use some method to make backups of sessionstore*.* ...

FF has "Pocket" & some other "features" (crap) that SeaMonkey does not have...

I'd think, but not sure, that there would be differences in "telemetry" or other "call home" features.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

A bookmarks checker that would work in SeaMonkey without having to be converted (and which is not even on the addons site any more) would be good. With hundreds of bookmarks, having to check them all manually would be a major pain. Luckily, I keep backup copies of extensions (including converted) that I use.

Bringing back a redirect remover would be a good idea. There is none on the addons site for current SeaMonkey.
therube

Post by therube »

Bookmarklet: remove redirects.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Sea Fox has some features that mimic Firefox.

There's also a converter which may enable you to use some Firefox extensions:

http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

barbaz wrote:Add-ons Manager - Version Number, for being able to see what version of each addon I have installed.

Click-to-Play Manager, for manually adding per-site Flash permissions. The builtin Data Manager only allows viewing, editing, and deleting existing Flash permissions; you can't manually add new Flash permissions.
Having no version number visible was a problem with Firefox as well as SeaMonkey.
I like SeaMonkey still allowing control of plugin items per item, not per site. I added an extension to Firefox to be able to control plugins per item. If you are going to control plugins, I think you should be able to control them per item.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Anonymosity wrote:I like SeaMonkey still allowing control of plugin items per item, not per site.
+1, but (thankfully) that doesn't require an extension in SeaMonkey.