userChrome.css after XUL dies

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: userChrome.css after XUL dies

Post by malliz »

marty60 wrote: Ok Ulf3000, you'll be the go-to man .
Did you really read what he wrote? He is definitely not a go to man more like a I don't really know script kiddy
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
marty60

Post by marty60 »

malliz wrote:Did you really read what he wrote? He is definitely not a go to man more like a I don't really know script kiddy
The comment was tongue-in-cheek :--). Someone will come up with a hack though, I'm counting on it.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

marty60 wrote: The comment was tongue-in-cheek
Should have realized ](*,)
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Ulf3000

Post by Ulf3000 »

malliz wrote:
marty60 wrote: Ok Ulf3000, you'll be the go-to man .
Did you really read what he wrote? He is definitely not a go to man more like a I don't really know script kiddy

if you know better than please tell me how the stylesheetservice is replaced , lol

of course i don´t know how exactly mozilla will remove old technology and what their code looks like , i need to take a look at the stuff when it releases , :roll: (as will do countless other people),

but everything points to an easy solution as my example with the internal addons(which are still bootstrapped, ) points out ! the webextension loader it self is also just a bootstrap btw

fact is all the internals -> chrome,c-types and xul are still at the core of FF57 and beyond .
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Off you go script kiddy your credability is now aproaching zero come back when you actually know things.
"Terry Pratchett"
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

xul are still at the core of FF57
lol ymmd
Ulf3000

Post by Ulf3000 »

malliz wrote:Off you go script kiddy your credability is now aproaching zero come back when you actually know things.
i rather trust the guys who developed the sdk and now webextension modules ( which are easy to contact over irc btw!!! oO) than you ...

ill come back here and quote your post once ff57 is out a few days and own you, right now you seem like the resident troll over here , so why even argue ... :roll:

edit: are you guys really that numb ?

here read this bug
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1253419

to understand that everything in firefox is based on xul elements and will stay so for webextension ... ONLY THE ACCESS to this stuff is prohibited to addon devs but will be slowly and carefully exposed via firefox exclusive webext modules (or not)...

unbranded builds of firefox will still be able to load bootstrapped extensions for experimentation and !
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Ulf3000 wrote:i rather trust the guys who developed the sdk and now webextension modules ( which are easy to contact over irc btw!!! oO) than you ...
Like Andy McKay, for example? He would appear to be getting a few reality checks lately about how the world works.

That aside, you are bringing nothing new to the table - XUL is lurking in FF57+, Nightly can load bootstraps, etc.......er...we-already-know-that. It is not relevant to the average user.

Ulf3000 wrote:
Frank Lion wrote:
GHM113 wrote:I am so terrible at programming...
This guy isn't - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14731838

We really can't keep flogging this one to death, you know. You guys need to figure if Aris knows what he's talking about or if you are just going to believe every pre-teen that wanders in off the street and tells you what you want to hear.
don´t you think thats a bit rude ?
I think that's a bit accurate -
Ulf3000 wrote:ill come back here and quote your post once ff57 is out a few days and own you
Ulf3000 on AMO wrote:ill port it to webextension system sometime in the coming months, ill re-evaluate then.
Sorry to hear that you have been ill. ;)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
LewS

Post by LewS »

It may be alive but it's very ill.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

LewS wrote:It may be alive but it's very ill.
Very well put!

Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

RobertJ wrote:
LewS wrote:It may be alive but it's very ill.
Very well put!

might be an idea to close it once 57 is Released? same with my THread about the Old Extensions http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3025513
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

As the OP of this 10 month old thread I have decided to put it out of its misery. Locking.