No Squint Plus substitute wanted....

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
TDV

No Squint Plus substitute wanted....

Post by TDV »

For many years I have been happily using first no squint, and then no squint plus, but now they are no longer usable, as Firefox is no longer able to show all websites properly, as long as no squint is installed as an add on.
No squint was perfect as it allowed me to set different settings for the whole page and for the text and save if for each website I used...

Is there anything that will work EXACTLY as no squint did?

Thanks, TDV
streetwolf

Re: No Squint Plus substitute wanted....

Post by streetwolf »

With the advent of webextensions I'm afraid there will never be anything quite like NoSquint again. A good replacement however is Zoom Page WE found below:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... we/?src=ss
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
TDV

Post by TDV »

streetwolf wrote:With the advent of webextensions I'm afraid there will never be anything quite like NoSquint again. A good replacement however is Zoom Page WE found below:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... we/?src=ss
I am afraid you are right.
I tried zoom but it does not do the job, it does not allow separate zoom for page and text, the way no squint did.

I have been praying for years to God, to inspire someone to come up with a usable browser.
I now talk this as final proof, that God does not exist.... :twisted:
LewS

Post by LewS »

@TDV - I once worked with a programmer/fundamentalist-preacher(?)
and the only thing we agreed on was that God didn't care about computers.