Address entries not saving properly

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tommyzulu

Address entries not saving properly

Post by tommyzulu »

Since I updated to 52.1.1 (32-bit) on Windows 10 the address book is not saving new entries properly.
When I add or amend any address book entry the screen doesn't change. Actually my new address book data is recorded but there is no way of telling that it is without closing the address book opening it again and checking the item...
This was not a problem until the latest update to the version above!
DanRaisch

Re: Address entries not saving properly

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support.

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
tommyzulu

Post by tommyzulu »

Just tried that, Dan, and the problem does not occur in Safe Mode...

So does that mean that I need to disable the add-ons one by one and see which one causes the conflict?
tommyzulu

Post by tommyzulu »

Update: removed the mail merge add-on and now no problems with address book.
Thank you for your help, Dan!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.

Moving to Thunderbird Support.
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

Same problem if MoreFunctionsForAddressBook is installed: clicking OK in the Contact Properties window after Add Contact does add the contact, but does not close the window.

Edit: This is fixed in TB 52 with MFFAB 1.0b3.
Last edited by sfhowes on June 29th, 2017, 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mulinoo

Post by Mulinoo »

Disabling contact photo did not work for me. Not only is my reply recipient field not getting filled in, but on all my drafts on every single account, recipients are being lost. ](*,) Very frustrating. Any ideas what else could be the problem?
Everything is fine in safe mode. Now I'll start disabling one by one to see which is the culprit.
Mulinoo

Post by Mulinoo »

PROBLEM RESOLVED. Disabling contact photo did not work. I shut down and tried safe mode again. Then I restarted and disable the last extension I had installed (in my case 'autosave drafts folder'). Restarted, didn't work. I started in safe mode again. Restarted normal and Voilà everything was perfect. I then re-enabled autosave drafts) and guess what? Everything works fine.
So- maybe the problem has to do with extensions not installing correctly. Or perhaps, you simply need to uninstall and reinstall after a recent TB update.
Be persistent. Keep trying with additional safe mode starts. My installation works perfect with, in the end, NO CHANGE.
Who knows, I could try reneabling contact photos as well, but It is useless anyway (or maybe my friends and colleagues just aren't that pretty :lol: :P )
summary: 1) safe mode; 2) retart; 3) disable last extension; 4) safe mode; 5) restart; 6) renable last extension- check