Addon performance monitor is removed from about:performance?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
iByzod

Addon performance monitor is removed from about:performance?

Post by iByzod »

I think it's since 55b1 developer edition, there's only `Performance of Web pages` there. There is something like `Performance of Addons` before

Step to reproduce:
1. Download Firefox 55b1+ developer edition, mine is from here
2. Open about:performance

p.s. how to make Firefox autocomplete `about:` pages? When I type `about:con`, `about:config` is not popping out
Happy112

Re: Addon performance monitor is removed from about:performa

Post by Happy112 »

iByzod wrote: How to make Firefox autocomplete `about:` pages? When I type `about:con`, `about:config` is not popping out
In 'about:config' you can check the value of the preference : 'browser.urlbar.autoFill' (without the quotation marks)
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

It was removed because it was more misleading than helpful (e.g. when Firefox system addons were shown with a negative performance impact).
Timvde

Post by Timvde »

Happy112 wrote:
iByzod wrote: How to make Firefox autocomplete `about:` pages? When I type `about:con`, `about:config` is not popping out
In 'about:config' you can check the value of the preference : 'browser.urlbar.autoFill' (without the quotation marks)
That still doesn't fill about:config pages, sadly :( about: urls don't get saved in your history.
Lurtz wrote:It was removed because it was more misleading than helpful (e.g. when Firefox system addons were shown with a negative performance impact).
And it's also generally hard to measure the impact of legacy add-ons, which can freely inject code anywhere in your browser. But yes, because of inaccuracies. Mor context in this bug.