Getting a Weird Message of Failed Outgoing Mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
koolx

Getting a Weird Message of Failed Outgoing Mail

Post by koolx »

Before, I was able to set up sending mail while TB was closed. It sent out maill successfully when I opened it. Now I cant anymore without an error popping up (below). How do I fix this idiocy??

Sending of the message failed.
This message could not be sent using outgoing server (smtp) smtp.goole.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your outgoing server (smtp) settings are correct and try again.
Last edited by koolx on June 16th, 2017, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Re: Getting a Weird Message of Failed Outgoing Mail

Post by DanRaisch »

Can send from that account without issues if you have TB running when you compose the message and hit Send?
koolx

Post by koolx »

DanRaisch wrote:Can send from that account without issues if you have TB running when you compose the message and hit Send?
Hi Dan,

Yes I can. But sending mail between TB being closed and opened cannot be done without that error message.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

koolx wrote:Sending of the message failed.
This message could not be sent using outlook server (smtp) smtp.goole.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your outgoing server (smtp) settings are correct and try again.
Is this a typo in SMTP server name?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Not to mention Outlook wouldn't have a server named smtp.goole.com (or even smtp.google.com).
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Before, I was able to set up sending mail while TB was closed."

Did you really mean to say you could compose one or more messages using Thunderbird while working in offline mode, and have any queued messages automatically sent when you switched back to online mode? If not, please explain how did you compose the message while Thunderbird was not running.
koolx

Post by koolx »

makaiguy wrote:
koolx wrote:Sending of the message failed.
This message could not be sent using outlook server (smtp) smtp.goole.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your outgoing server (smtp) settings are correct and try again.
Is this a typo in SMTP server name?
Yeah that was my typing typo.
koolx

Post by koolx »

tanstaafl wrote: please explain how did you compose the message while Thunderbird was not running.
While TB is closed I compose mail using FF and is in queue to be sent when I open TB.

So what is the solution?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Huh? You're glossing over some important details.

It almost sounds like you're composing the messages using webmail (via Firefox) but I don't see how that would store the messages in the unsent folder. If you used file -> email link" in Firefox that would launch Thunderbird (the compose message window piece of it, but not the main window). However, it would normally launch it in online mode. Details please.
koolx

Post by koolx »

tanstaafl wrote:Huh? You're glossing over some important details.

It almost sounds like you're composing the messages using webmail (via Firefox) but I don't see how that would store the messages in the unsent folder. If you used file -> email link" in Firefox that would launch Thunderbird (the compose message window piece of it, but not the main window). However, it would normally launch it in online mode. Details please.
Ok, I compose mail in FF's address bar through a shortcut while TB is closed. I use "mailto:" for that. Mail is then sent automatically when I open TB.

So anyway how do I get this fixed? I never had this issue until 4 days ago. I rememebr TB having issues at that time cuz I noticed a forever spinning icon in the top left hand corner like TB is busy doing something. Anyway how do I finally fix this??
koolx

Post by koolx »

Anyone ???
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

mailto: brings up the Thunderbird compose message window if Thunderbird is the default email client. You'd default to working online. How are you queuing the messages (rather than immediately sending them)? Are you using File -> Send Later (Ctrl+Shift+Return) ? If so do you get a "Do you want to send your unsent messages now?" popup the next time you start Thunderbird?
koolx

Post by koolx »

tanstaafl wrote:mailto: brings up the Thunderbird compose message window if Thunderbird is the default email client. You'd default to working online. How are you queuing the messages (rather than immediately sending them)? Are you using File -> Send Later (Ctrl+Shift+Return) ? If so do you get a "Do you want to send your unsent messages now?" popup the next time you start Thunderbird?
No I'm using (Ctrl+Return) to send messages right away not later. I used to get the "Do you want to send your unsent messages now?" popup when I start TB. But I canceled that popup a long time ago.

So what should i do to fix this? Its annoyong when I get that "Sending of the message failed.... etc etc" popup.
koolx

Post by koolx »

bump again
koolx

Post by koolx »

bump