Help, I've been locked out the forum.

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.

Help, I've been locked out the forum.

Post by 3315 »

Hi,

I need some help, I've been locked out the forum.

I have been a member for several yrs & the forum has helped be to keep using TB & installing on another PC. I think this problem may have started when I moved & had to change 100's of emails, I changed my TB email, & it worked for a few wks.

Today, TB would not allow me to log is as I logged in too may times.

That's about all I know.

Can anyone tell me where I can find an email of some one who can reset my orig acct login password.

Regards,

3315 aka klxdrt
Daifne

Re: Help, I've been locked out the forum.

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Mozillazine Site Discussion
James

Post by James »

You can do a "I forgot my password" at http://forums.mozillazine.org/ucp.php?mode=login when not logged in.
Mr Vincent

Post by Mr Vincent »

I have the same problem too.
Somebody is using my email address registered here - not the one I am currently registered with to get on here.

I do not know the username but I know the email address which I cannot post onto here.

My attempts to post publicly have been rejected.

All I want is to find a member's username by email address.

Cheers.
Mr Vincent

Post by Mr Vincent »

One needs Username and password to log in.

Username and email address if one has forgotten their password and to get a reactivation email.
I can quite happily provide the email address concerned.
Admins are not responding to me.
And you cannot log in as a guest.

You are receiving this notification because your topic "Locked Out" at
"mozillaZine Forums" was disapproved by a moderator or administrator.

The following reason was given for the disapproval:

The reported message does not fit into any other category, please use the
further information field.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Mr Vincent wrote:My attempts to post publicly have been rejected..
These look like public posts to me - http://forums.mozillazine.org/search.ph ... 6&sr=posts
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Vincent, you are not locked out. Your posts are public. You're just not using the email address you want to. You can fix that yourself.

I used the admin control panel to see what email address is currently being used by "Mr Vincent". Its a gmail.com email address whose username includes the string vincent. Your account was registered 09 Jun 2017 02:40 am, and was last active 15 Jun 2017 02:21 am. I wouldn't worry about the less than an hour difference between that and the "15 Jun 2017 01:43 am" displayed in your last post. I believe those times are dependent upon what time zone I'm in (Eastern Standard Time). Your profile is using Pacific Standard Time.

If you want to go back to your old email address you can do that using the "User Control Panel" link to the upper right (find the image of the zeppelin and look down about 7 lines) . Select the "profile" tab and then "edit account settings".
Mr Vincent

Post by Mr Vincent »

Tanstaafl,
why respond if you cannot help me.
I'd rather you didn't respond to any posts I reply to.

You and I have been through this many times.

I do not want your help or advice - go away!
tanstaafl wrote:Vincent, you are not locked out. Your posts are public. You're just not using the email address you want to. You can fix that yourself.

I used the admin control panel to see what email address is currently being used by "Mr Vincent". Its a gmail.com email address whose username includes the string vincent. Your account was registered 09 Jun 2017 02:40 am, and was last active 15 Jun 2017 02:21 am. I wouldn't worry about the less than an hour difference between that and the "15 Jun 2017 01:43 am" displayed in your last post. I believe those times are dependent upon what time zone I'm in (Eastern Standard Time). Your profile is using Pacific Standard Time.

If you want to go back to your old email address you can do that using the "User Control Panel" link to the upper right (find the image of the zeppelin and look down about 7 lines) . Select the "profile" tab and then "edit account settings".
Mr Vincent

Post by Mr Vincent »

The entered e-mail address is already in use.

I want the in use email address to be sent a confirmation email due to a raised complaint by a user and it is not the one currently in use as is being revealed in part, VERY UNHELPFULLY, by Tanstaafl.

There is an email address in use by another user whose username I do not know.
That said email address belongs to me.
I own that domain name the email address it is attached to.

Do the administrators to this forum not listen to their users?
James

Post by James »

No need to be rude as tanstaafl was trying to be helpful with the limited information you have given.

How can anybody help you find the account attached to the email when you give no hints of the email to search with.

The Admin/owner of this independent users helping users forum is a generous person in keeping it up and running even though ironically he has been working on the competing browser Chrome (for mobile devices now) for some years now. He only comes on when he gets pinged for something going down or breaking.

btw tanstaafl did not really reveal your email address when all was posted is gmail.com and a part of the part before the @ so it is vague to everybody on what it actually is.
James

Post by James »

Despite you being rude to tanstaafl, the email you posted by another means is attached to Mr. Vincent http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlis ... e&u=111008

You're welcome
Mr Vincent

Post by Mr Vincent »

At last!
Thank you.
I have gotten in to that account after all my headbashing.
James wrote:Despite you being rude to tanstaafl, the email you posted by another means is attached to Mr. Vincent http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlis ... e&u=111008

You're welcome