[Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on Tbb

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yochaim

Re: [Ext] DblClicker & KillSpinners & FlashStopper & Add-on

Post by yochaim »

hi LL25255252,

tested the issue on FF53 and it is still there...
so i made a version trying a workaround for the FF bug.
you can download it from here http://www.byo.co.il/Download/newversions.zip (the non e10s one)
it may cause problems for FS in certain situation so let me if you encounter any problems.
LL25255252

Post by LL25255252 »

1. =D> Great !! FS 1.4.6b1 workaround fixed this issue (tested in Waterfox and also in Cyberfox.)

yochaim wrote:it may cause problems for FS in certain situation so let me if you encounter any problems.
Do you have an example of such situation ?

3. Suggestion - post a link to your workaround in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1337913 . Maybe it can help someone to fix this issue.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

There are thousands of addons that are able to keep settings over updates..
i asked that update several times from years ago & it seems to be a hard task..
it's sad cause settings not remaining, i have to save a proactive list somewhere
in the computer & joyfully go add back all domains i previously added in the past.

I wonder how it would be if the author of ublock origin couldn't implement that the saving of settings..
it's just a list that doesn't need to be updated, i wonder why we need the magic of deletion
of that file upon each update.... .
Last edited by delicacy1 on May 15th, 2017, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
max2

Post by max2 »

Will Flashstopper be ported to a web extension or work with Firefox 57 please?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

/offtopic - stupid answer... ublock dont need any flash blocking options, thats reason for umatrix. or another flash blocker - or uninstall flash. at least there exist some flash stopper in chrome store and those were usable in firefox 57 or later. (same code base)
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

@max2

see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14736506 (but it won't be on amo...)

@delicacy

updates (for the add-on or the browser) do not change FS settings!!! only clearing sites preferences does (or a corrupt browser db file) as you know. as i said before (and repeat for the last time!) i have no interest in implement a parallel mechanism for site permissions which works perfectly well for me and thousands of other users (and considering also the approach of FF57!)...
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

ok, this means, people cannot clean all sorts of sites preferences in the browser settings because you've made it dependent of fs..
not even mentioning what happens when sql files become corrupted & people have to delete them in order to have the browser recreate them..

very wise, keep up the good work.
Last edited by delicacy1 on June 12th, 2017, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hi yochaim.

As you know I am running Nightly (Fx56) with the Google Chrome version of FS v0.9.7. I've been running this version probably for a couple of months with no apparent problems. One thing I started noticing maybe a week or two ago is that when I start Fx and my pointer is in the middle of the Fx window the pointer remains in a busy state until I move it to an area that is not content like a toolbar. This only happens when I set my Options to open a blank page at Fx startup. If I set it to open up to a particular page the busy pointer is not present. Not really a big deal but I am curious as to what is going on.

Also, is their any future plans for FS on Fx?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

streetwolfs head is cool, he reminds me moriarty in the jap anime version of sherlock holmes in the 80's..
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi streetwolf,

i was able to recreate the problem on FF56. i'm guessing it is an issue with AS but since the FF WE interface is a work in progress i prefer to wait a while to see if things will change in the next few nightlys. let me know if it changes for you...

i highly doubt it. but for now the AS code is still compatible with WE...
max2

Post by max2 »

So will FlashStopper become a web extension or no ?
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

hi max2,

the question streetwolf asked was more about hosting on AMO and Fx specific code. that will not happen!

to get the we compatible version see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14736506 and below posts
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hi yochaim.

Seems a lot of videos at cnn.com autoplay for me. I'm running AutoplayStopper 0.9.7. Here's an example... http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/23/politics/ ... index.html
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
yochaim

Post by yochaim »

doesn't autoplay for me either on Fx or Cr (also tested without ad blocker) although the play button state is not correct.
AS should always stop html5 players...
check the console and maybe try a clean profile.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

yochaim wrote:doesn't autoplay for me either on Fx or Cr (also tested without ad blocker) although the play button state is not correct.
AS should always stop html5 players...
check the console and maybe try a clean profile.
The problem appears to be caused by my use of the 3rd party filter list EasyPrivacy on my adblocker uBlock Origin 1.13.3b2. Disabling this list prevents the video from auto playing. Disabling uBO does the same thing of course. Wonder what filter is causing the issue.