how to decrease the sound volume of seamonkey ?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Michael REMY

how to decrease the sound volume of seamonkey ?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

since a lot a time, i noticed Seamonkey sound volume is VERY VERY high whereas it just on 8/100 in my windows gauge !

i guess the sound came from flashmedia or html5 media.

where can i low the sound level ?

here are 2 exemples of pages which contains very high volume (music sample) :

https://itunes.apple.com/co/album/alma- ... 1171648130
https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-Ori ... soundtrack

the first link (itunes) does not have a volume control !
whereas the amazon does one but it starts high !!

is there in :about options a way to low down this global level !?
LIMPET235

Re: how to decrease the sound volume of seamonkey ?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Have you tried opening the MIXER (System Tray-bottom RHS), & adjusting the control for each app from there
whilst the music is playing?

I have mine set thusly...
For ref;
http://s2.photobucket.com/user/RAJAH235 ... sort=3&o=2
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

LIMPET235 wrote:Have you tried opening the MIXER (System Tray-bottom RHS), & adjusting the control for each app from there
whilst the music is playing?

I have mine set thusly...
For ref;
http://s2.photobucket.com/user/RAJAH235 ... sort=3&o=2
yep i did , the level is already under the general one but too high !

is there any options in the about:config that can change the level ?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

I just reach over to the right hand speaker and lower the volume control.

I guess not everybody has that option. I still have the speakers from my original Packard Bell computer.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Has the OP tried adjusting the Windows System sound level ? (sorry if I missed it if it was was done)
https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... JP63iiHwHY
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
therube

Post by therube »

Michael wrote:yep i did , the level is already under the general one but too high !
Note that you'll want to have SeaMonkey open, running, when you go into Volume Mixer.
That way, SeaMonkey, will be listed, separately, where you can then adjust SeaMonkey volume settings differently (if wanted) from other "applications".
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

on Windows7 x64, the Volume Mixer (and selecting Seamonkey control gauge one) only works for "classic" sound like the one you heard when a download is finished.

Flash sound does not care about the mixer, it use its own volume control which i can set !! the crap !
flash video use pluginsx32.exe instance i get.... so there is no way to set up the volume in seamonkey !
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

what kind of audio device do you use on your Win7 computer, Michael?
run Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section and tell us the audio device or devices listed.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

4td8s wrote:what kind of audio device do you use on your Win7 computer, Michael?
run Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section and tell us the audio device or devices listed.
the problem is there is no way to overall the volume control of flash application and mp4 audio.

when i set "low" the volume in youbute, the low volume setting is not respected by other flash application.

any web developer can embed a video or audio cotent with the parameter of volume at maximum ! (like the stupid parameter of autoplay !!!). ie : the CAPTCHA video process (a total crap). whenever you already put the volume to 0 , then the next time, it will be at max again !

it would be good to FORBID a domain of using the sound, i'd like to mute a list of domains, websites and still continue to use the sound with other trusted website.
therube

Post by therube »

Do you clear "flash cookies"? (Or cookies in general, which I believe also clears flash cookies.)
Pretty sure Flash stores volume settings, by domain (or similar) in its cookies.

So if you set Youtube (Flash, but realize that normally YT would be HTML5 - not Flash) audio to 50%, & if you set http://www.dhs.state.il.us/accessibilit ... video.html (Flash) audio to 100%, those setting should be saved for each & respected on return.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

therube wrote:Do you clear "flash cookies"? (Or cookies in general, which I believe also clears flash cookies.)
Pretty sure Flash stores volume settings, by domain (or similar) in its cookies.

So if you set Youtube (Flash, but realize that normally YT would be HTML5 - not Flash) audio to 50%, & if you set http://www.dhs.state.il.us/accessibilit ... video.html (Flash) audio to 100%, those setting should be saved for each & respected on return.
when i clicked on you link, i need to "activate vlc" to handle the flash embeded content.
does it mean my volume is handle by VLC plugin ?

my VLC plugins is :
File: npvlc.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\npvlc.dll
Version: 2.2.6.0
State: Enabled
VLC media player Web Plugin
whereas my flash is :
Shockwave Flash

File: NPSWF32_25_0_0_171.dll
Path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_25_0_0_171.dll
Version: 25.0.0.171
State: Enabled
Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
any problem on my plugin ?
therube

Post by therube »

Disable the VLC Plugin & see what happens?

Unless VLC also downloads "flash cookies", I'd assume there would be no remembering of the audio for (VLC played) Flash objects.
Or maybe the cookies follow the browser & not the player? Don't know? In any case, the VLC Plugin would have to know to check the cookies for volume level. Again, don't know?

Since your current Profile is "buggered" by virtue of VLC (& who knows what else), I'd test in a new, clean Profile, with VLC Plugin disabled.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

well i did not ask to VLC to tka in charge my video and flash media, i guess seamonkey propose me when adobe player went to "no secure".

another fail of seamonkey volume control : the imdb video player (for a movie trailer by exemple) never remember the sound volume, so it always starts at max volume !
therube

Post by therube »

http://www.imdb.com/trailers

Does FF (or any other browser) remember imdb volume levels?

(BTW, imdb is HTML5 not Flash.)
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

is there any any thing to setup in about:config ?

media.default_volume
media.volume_scale

my values are both "1.0"