addons in 2.53

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
lvm

addons in 2.53

Post by lvm »

I tried nightly 2.53a1 and all of my addons stopped working. First, they were disabled and marked as 'LEGACY' (incidentally clicking on this LEGACY word leads to non-existing web page). I re-enabled them but it didn't help much - none is working properly, even the official mozilla ones like DOM inspector (does nothing) and Chatzilla (freezes), all addon configuration dialogues are blank. So is it a sign of horrible things to come? - they've broken plugins already. Or is it just WIP and broken in this particular build?
frg

Re: addons in 2.53

Post by frg »

Which build id? A one from tuesday should work. Didn't build yesterday.

Might also be an incompatible addon. Also you need to use the bundled DOM inspector 2.0.17. Check the Error Console if you spot something.

FRG
-Px-

Post by -Px- »

I looks like this is expected:
"Firefox Nightly (will be 56) already no longer supports addons which are not multiprocess-compatible"
From https://blog.gerv.net/2017/06/my-addons/
lvm

Post by lvm »

20170628004618 - the latest available, DOM inspector is 2.0.17 and it fails to start from the context menu with

Error: TypeError: gDevToolsBrowser.inspectNode is not a function
Source File: chrome://communicator/content/nsContextMenu.js
Line: 497

but starts with the ^shift-I hotkey, so this one is more or less ok and one of the addons stopped working because of E4X deprecation. But starting chatzilla 0.9.93 still causes seamonkey to freeze and prefbar 7.1.0 breaks on a call to newChannel2

Error: NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE: Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIIOService.newChannel2]
Source File: chrome://prefbar/content/goprefbar/JSONUtils.js
Line: 103

function ReadJSON(aFile) {
var istream;
if (typeof aFile == "string") {
var ios = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/io-service;1"]
.getService(Components.interfaces.nsIIOService);
var channel;
if ("newChannel2" in ios)
line 103: channel = ios.newChannel2(aFile, null, null, null, null, null, null, null);
else
channel = ios.newChannel(aFile, null, null);
istream = channel.open();
frg

Post by frg »

Try in a new test profile or safe mode. I compiled mine on 06/27 but with a few additional fixes wrt. legacy apis. But this should not heal it. Prefbar might be incompatible now.

Will try tomorrow with the latest source.

You could add the prefs from here and see if this helps:

https://bug1373375.bmoattachments.org/a ... id=8881235

Only extensions.legacy.exceptions and extensions.startupScanScopes are relevant for now.

FRG
frg

Post by frg »

Just compiled a new 2.53 from the current tip and everything works as expected including non e10s addons.