MozillaZine

[Ext] Add-ons Manager Hilite

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tonymec

Post Posted June 29th, 2017, 5:09 pm

bob99 wrote:
tonymec wrote:IIRC, extension options, like all preferences, are per profile (stored between browser runs in prefs.js at top level in the profile directory). Did you bring them over to the new profile?

No I didn't reuse the old prefs.js file. I wanted a new clean profile to use with e10s so I had to drop many of my old addons that weren't compatible.

Well, after installing Add-ons Manager Hilite in the new profile, did you set the extension's preferences while running in that new profile? If you didn't, you'll get whatever preference values are the default, not necessarily what you had (and still have) in your older profile.
Best regards,
Tony

bob99

Post Posted June 30th, 2017, 7:30 am

tonymec wrote:Well, after installing Add-ons Manager Hilite in the new profile, did you set the extension's preferences while running in that new profile? If you didn't, you'll get whatever preference values are the default, not necessarily what you had (and still have) in your older profile.

Yes I set the preferences for Add-ons Manager Hilite in the new profile the same as in the old profile.

custom.firefox.lady

Post Posted July 6th, 2017, 7:01 am

bob99 wrote:I don't know why but after upgrading to FF 54 and making a new profile this addon doesn't work reliably anymore. I did install some new addons that weren't in my old profile but I disabled all of those to make the new profile similar to the old profile and it still doesn't work correctly. If I click on an addon's "More" link and then go back it doesn't remember the last position I was on. Going back also resets the sorting to "Name". If I close the Add-on Manager and then undo the close tab it doesn't remember the last position (I have "Always Restore Hilite" checked). Same happens when I restart FF.

Strangely my old profile still works fine after updating to FF 54.

I could not repro this (tested on fx 56). Please try it in a *totally* clean profile. (Test on a category with more than one item, or install something that doesn't do much - like my Shadglo Library Toolbar Skin.) Occasionally something will not revert completely clean, even when disabled. Also try unchecking "Always Restore Hilite", disable add-on, enable again and recheck it. If you can reproduce issue in clean prof, please send exact steps to reproduce.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases