[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

tntc4 wrote:previously woking option is not working on Windows 10
the font color is grey and it's hard to read when mozilla window is not focused.
can you fix this for windows 10?
Mozilla: 54.0.1 (32 bit)
CTR: 1.6.6 beta 7

see screenshots.
https://postimg.org/image/ah8912ek5
https://postimg.org/image/qgqwkmalx
Use this code inside CTRs custom css area:

Code: Select all

menubar > menu:-moz-window-inactive {
  color: menutext !important;
}
I can add it to the corresponding menubar bar option on next build.
nohamelin wrote:Aris,
With a new Fx profile using the latest Firefox ESR 52 Linux, after installing CTR and doing the following changes to the CTR defaults:
https://postimg.org/image/6nd5wsrn9/

Then the option "Move dropmarker to the last possible position" is not working as expected, e.g. when the urlbar have the focus in a empty tab, the go arrow button is still displayed at the right of the dropmarker. As by default the go button is displayed conditionally, it causes the dropmarker changing of position frequently (and I don't want to have the go button always hidden).
Location bars go, reload and stop buttons are not sharing the same box/area with other location bar buttons like reader, history dropmarker, star and feed buttons, popup blocker etc... Therefore the "last possible" position for dropmarker is not equal to location bars actual "last" position.

tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

Aris wrote:
tntc4 wrote:previously woking option is not working on Windows 10
the font color is grey and it's hard to read when mozilla window is not focused.
can you fix this for windows 10?
Mozilla: 54.0.1 (32 bit)
CTR: 1.6.6 beta 7

see screenshots.
https://postimg.org/image/ah8912ek5
https://postimg.org/image/qgqwkmalx
Use this code inside CTRs custom css area:

menubar > menu:-moz-window-inactive {
  color: menutext !important;
}
I can add it to the corresponding menubar bar option on next build.
It's working like a charm.
Thank you.
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

Aris wrote:
nohamelin wrote:Aris,
With a new Fx profile using the latest Firefox ESR 52 Linux, after installing CTR and doing the following changes to the CTR defaults:
https://postimg.org/image/6nd5wsrn9/

Then the option "Move dropmarker to the last possible position" is not working as expected, e.g. when the urlbar have the focus in a empty tab, the go arrow button is still displayed at the right of the dropmarker. As by default the go button is displayed conditionally, it causes the dropmarker changing of position frequently (and I don't want to have the go button always hidden).
Location bars go, reload and stop buttons are not sharing the same box/area with other location bar buttons like reader, history dropmarker, star and feed buttons, popup blocker etc... Therefore the "last possible" position for dropmarker is not equal to location bars actual "last" position.

The funny thing is what it works as expected in my profile migrated from esr 45 to 52: I have here the dropmarker at the same level of the go/reload/stop buttons. I only noted this issue while migrating my stuff manually to a new profile. I will do further checks.
EDIT: the Status-4-Evar add-on was the culprit of moving the dropmarker, then doing the CTR option to work as I expected. I will use it.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Hi Aris, in the default theme the tabbar button icons are spaced quite a bit apart. This code would tighten them up some but doesn't seem to work anymore:

#TabsToolbar .toolbarbutton-1 {
padding-left: 1px !important;
padding-right: 1px !important;
margin-bottom: 0px !important;
}

Would you have something else?
Aris

Post by Aris »

@margty60
Try something like:

#TabsToolbar .toolbarbutton-1 {
  padding-left: 1px !important;
  padding-right: 1px !important;
  margin-bottom: 0px !important;
  min-width: 16px !important;
}
marty60

Post by marty60 »

That did it, thank you. Just one additional line, figured it was something simple.
NikonMike

Post by NikonMike »

Fx 55 beta now shows a yellow "LEGACY" box in Add-ons Manager (next to add-on name, for legacy add-ons only). It's hidden if CTR's "show add-on version" is enabled though. Toggling this setting shows both version and LEGACY label, but reopened Add-on Manager with version numbers loses the warning label again. I already know that all of my extensions are legacy, but it would be nice to have that new reminder always displayed.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Thanks for reporting this glitch. It occurs on macOS and Linux, but not on Windows.
It will be fixed on next update.
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

A minor bug report (Linux, ESR 52, clean profile): if you set a custom url as default to new private tabs (e.g. about:blank), when opening a new private window and you start to tipping a url immediately (as the focus is got by the urlbar), then one or two seconds later, as it seems that CTR ends to set the custom page, you got many keystrokes eaten by it. Edit: It doesn't happen with the default about:privatebrowsing.
Koetsu

Post by Koetsu »

Is there a way I can have an alternate loading icon on tabs that stays blue? I know by default, selected tabs are blue, so they had to make it white. But I prefer white tabs and this makes the icon hard to see.
Aris

Post by Aris »

nohamelin wrote:A minor bug report (Linux, ESR 52, clean profile): if you set a custom url as default to new private tabs (e.g. about:blank), when opening a new private window and you start to tipping a url immediately (as the focus is got by the urlbar), then one or two seconds later, as it seems that CTR ends to set the custom page, you got many keystrokes eaten by it. Edit: It doesn't happen with the default about:privatebrowsing.
The "custom" url needs time to load/open, so there has to be a small delay after opening a new private tab, if the url is not the default one or it won't work. I suggest not to use this option, if you want to immediately enter a new url after a new private window/tab opens.
Koetsu wrote:Is there a way I can have an alternate loading icon on tabs that stays blue? I know by default, selected tabs are blue, so they had to make it white. But I prefer white tabs and this makes the icon hard to see.
Have you already tried CTRs tab loading icon options?

Koetsu

Post by Koetsu »

Aris wrote:
nohamelin wrote:
Koetsu wrote:Is there a way I can have an alternate loading icon on tabs that stays blue? I know by default, selected tabs are blue, so they had to make it white. But I prefer white tabs and this makes the icon hard to see.
Have you already tried CTRs tab loading icon options?

I have tried it.
It seems to work the way I expect it to, but I want the default color loader all the time.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Koetsu wrote:...
I have tried it.
It seems to work the way I expect it to, but I want the default color loader all the time.
Keep default option and add this to CTRs custom css area:

.tab-throbber[busy],
.tab-throbber[progress] {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading.png") !important;
}

@media (min-resolution: 1.1dppx) {
  .tab-throbber[busy],
    list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading@2x.png") !important;
  }
}
Normally there are two cases, one when a server connection gets established and one when the actual site loads. This code will use the default "loading" animation for both cases.
Koetsu

Post by Koetsu »

Aris wrote:
Koetsu wrote:...
I have tried it.
Keep default option and add this to CTRs custom css area:

.tab-throbber[busy],
  list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading.png") !important;
}

@media (min-resolution: 1.1dppx) {
  .tab-throbber[busy],
    list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading@2x.png") !important;
  }
}
Normally there are two cases, one when a server connection gets established and one when the actual site loads. This code will use the default "loading" animation for both cases.
Thanks! This will do. Maybe something can be done about the other case, but for now this is sufficient.
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

hello.. i had issues with the latest version of CTR, build 1.6.8.1, running FF 52.2.1 ESR on my windows xpsp3 computer.. it caused the ABP-icon (adblock plus) in FF's "toolbar" to be hidden.. there was an arrow, instead, for showing more icons, so i would have to click that arrow, to access the ABP-icon..

normally, the ABP-icon appears at the top-right of my screen, in FF's "toolbar".. it is the ONLY icon, there, and, like i said, with CTR 1.6.8.1 installed, the icon is hidden, and replaced with an arrow-for showing more icons.. (i have to click the arrow, to access the ABP-icon)..

i don't have the same problem with CTR build 1.6.7.. also, i DON'T experience the same problem with CTR build 1.6.8.1 on my linux (ubuntu) computer, running FF 54.0.1..

(my ubuntu computer is the one that i normally use, these days.. HTML5-video will not work with windows xp, which is why i use ubuntu, instead)..
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox