SeaMonkey wants access to the contact list (MAC)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Anonymosity

SeaMonkey wants access to the contact list (MAC)

Post by Anonymosity »

Why does SeaMonkey keep asking to access my contact list? I had to use Thunderbird for email, since SeaMonkey would not set up IMAP email correctly. Whether I give it permission or not, it still keeps asking every few hours. If I do not use email, why would it need to use the contact list?
Last edited by DanRaisch on July 11th, 2017, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (MAC) added to subject field.
therube

Re: SeaMonkey wants access to the contact list

Post by therube »

So... tell us what it was you were wanting to do, what you attempted, & what happened from there...

(I know nothing of Mail. Got me, https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... unofficial.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Re: SeaMonkey wants access to the contact list

Post by Anonymosity »

It seems to happen a few minutes after I launch SeaMonkey. I am not trying to do anything with the contact list at all. Since I do not use SeaMonkey for email any more, I have no need to even look at the address book there. This thing pops up spontaneously. I was wondering if there is any setting in about:config that would stop it.
WaltS48

Re: SeaMonkey wants access to the contact list (MAC)

Post by WaltS48 »

Do you have, "When SeaMonkey starts up, open" Address Book checked, in Edit > Preferences > Appearance?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
therube

Post by therube »

Who is your ISP (or mail carrier)?
What IMAP settings did you attempt?

What error messages are you getting when you try to connect?

Do you still have that account (even if not working) set up in SeaMonkey?

(I know nothing of Mail) so is there some automatic (by default) checks it is attempting, or syncing or ...?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The only thing that starts up is "Browser". What does "mail.server.default.using_subscription" do? I toggled that to false, and so far have not been bothered again, but time will tell if that is the culprit. I could not find an explanation by using search engines.