Top window border not drawn

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Caspid

Top window border not drawn

Post by Caspid »

In W10, the top 1px window border is no longer drawn. I believe it's a recent change, as I just noticed. Can anyone help me narrow down the CSS change responsible? Thank you!
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
Alice0775

Re: Top window border not drawn

Post by Alice0775 »

It seems to be a known issue.
[*]#1378095 [Core:Graphics: Layers]-Application window top border edge missing on Windows 10 [Win]
Caspid

Post by Caspid »

Ah, I see. Good to know it's not intentional (although I've also wondered whether it's possible to remove all the window borders via CSS). Thank you!
"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin
Sdar

Post by Sdar »

Caspid wrote:I've also wondered whether it's possible to remove all the window borders via CSS
Yes, it can be done, just can't remember how i used to do it in the past, now I'm using a theme that removes all borders except the top one so i can only explain how to remove that one:

You need to use the #main-window selector and remove its appearance ( -moz-appearance: none !important;) give it a background, for some reason the titlebar can't be used to drag the window without it, and if that doesn't remove the border you may need to play with the top margin but that will depend on the theme you're using.
example:

Code: Select all

#main-window {
    background: black !important; //needed for dragging the window using the titlebar, the color doesn't matter.
    -moz-appearance: none !important; 
    margin-top: -2px !important; //Default theme probably needs -1px or 0.
}

This is the only pc i have running windows and i can't remember the modifications i did to its UI so i can't give you the full answer unless i reinstall it, sorry.