Secure Connection Failure

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Skipb48

Secure Connection Failure

Post by Skipb48 »

I am running SeaMonkey 2.46 on an iMac running Sierra 10.12.5 and I keep getting the message of secure connection failure on many sites. Can anyone explain what is going on, maybe I have my security set up wrong??

Skip
therube

Re: Secure Connection Failure

Post by therube »

What is the exact message?
URLs that are failing?

Is your date/time correct?

Are you using an antivirus?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Skipb48

Post by Skipb48 »

Date and time is correct and my antivirus is turned off. For some stupid reason everything seems to be working now. I'll have to get back to this thread when it happens next time.
Skipb48

Post by Skipb48 »

Ok here is a site that gives me the error it is a link from a Pinterest page -https://post.pinterest.com/f/a/FVtgFXxz ... m%253D2024

Here is the text of the message on the screen - "Secure Connection Failed

The connection to post.pinterest.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
BillT52

Post by BillT52 »

I've noticed this too on an occasional basis on numerous sites. But also when using Firefox or IE as well. I notice it most on sites/pages using HTTPS but not containing any sensitive information. Reloading the page seems to clear it. I've assumed that as more and more sites use HTTPS for ALL their pages, that the certificate check is taking longer (increased traffic causing delays at certificate authority servers, or larger certificate stores taking longer to search), causing a timeout. Whatever the cause, it is a pain, but since reloading the page clears the error, not a big one.