[ext] Private Tab (no restart)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
K4RBQT99

Re: [ext] Private Tab (no restart)

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Hi,
I'm seeing some issues with the icon for private windows: after opening a new private window, if a new tab (Ctrl+T) is open, the private icon for the window is hidden, but it's visible again if you change to the first tab in the window an go back.

This is with Firefox esr 52 in a Linux system + Private Tab 0.2.2
zlew

Post by zlew »

Hi,
I know this is a very long shot but is it possible to unbreak Private Tab in the latest nightly? I have extensions.legacy.enabled but all parts of the gui of PrivateTab has disappeared. It works just fine with AutoPrivate still (sites automatically open in private tabs), I just can't open a new private tab, can't convert a tab to private and can't pull tabs from private windows back to unprivate windows.

I repeat, I know it's asking a lot to support an addon that is about to be killed by Mozilla. Have you looked at being able to clear a container too? Remove all cookies/history/cache for a special "Private" container?

Thanks for the great work!
DrBB
Folder@Home

Post by DrBB »

Hi,

As with many "legacy" extensions, Private Tab no longer works with Firefox Quantum. I see no comparable extension available at this time, either, although I do see one to open a opening a private window (not interested in that though).

Anyone aware of whether Private Tab will be rewritten for Quantum, or whether the new technology even allows for private and normal tabs to be open in the same Firefox session? Thanks in advance.
DrBB1
"Just good enough, isn't...."