FF Not Responding - Web Page Slowing Down

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BuzWeaver

Re: FF Not Responding - Web Page Slowing Down

Post by BuzWeaver »

Yep. I've both of those. I've also done dom.max_script_run_time and tried different variables. I'm currently on 30 from 20. Also unchecked Use Hardware acceleration. I've also tried browser.tabs.remote.autostart and browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

You've done everything in the book (and more) - what works for everybody else, doesn't seem to work for you. Weird, to say the least.
I'm at my wits' end here, and really don't know what else I could possibly suggest. I'm so sorry.
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

I appreciate your help greatly Happy. These kinds of things eventually work themselves out. Very strange.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

Couldn't let it go just yet ....... would you take a look at the first part of FredMcD's post, just in case there is something that you may have overlooked :

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1168825
therube

Post by therube »

BuzWeaver wrote:even with NoScript properly setup for Facebook
Check the #dev log, maybe something there, https://noscript.net/getit#devel?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

After all the changes and even going into Safe Mode not only does the Debug still appear, (Not Responding) has returned. I'm talking with the guys from the CyberTech forums to see if I have some Malware/SpyWare or strange Virus. It's just Facebook though. All other programs are working fine.
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

The best I've seen FF perform on FB was when I disabled Real Time Protection on Windows Defender.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

BuzWeaver wrote:The best I've seen FF perform on FB was when I disabled Real Time Protection on Windows Defender.
Thank you for that piece of information !
I just suggested it to the OP in the thread on the Mozilla support forum, who has the same problem .....
BuzWeaver

Post by BuzWeaver »

Happy112 wrote:Giving it one more shot :

Have you tried this again (like you said you would) :

Type in the address bar about:config (and press Enter)
(promise to be careful, if asked)
Type 'processHang' in the search bar and look for the preferences :

dom.ipc.processHangMonitor
and :
dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs

Change their values from 'true' to 'false '
I certainly appreciate all your help. After trouble shooting it via Malware/Spy Ware and or Virus everything came up clean. I did a complete uninstall and file dump with a fresh install. I got a little bit of lag and a brief Browser Is Slowing Down, then after a few more visits it FB and FF were working as normal. FF was back to default settings with typical addons and no issues. Very odd.
BillK

Post by BillK »

I have been getting this message since upgrading FF 2-3 days ago. I NEVER had it happen before. Very rarely, I would get "a script is not responding" message, maybe once a month, if that. I have (and have had) the same tabs loading each time FF starts. It has to be related to the update. It's very annoying to have to restart FF a few times a day.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I have (and have had) the same tabs loading each time FF starts. It has to be related to the update.
That's not necessarily true, particularly if you have legacy extensions installed.
Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
If no improvement using Safe Mode, do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows