SeaMonkey 2.48 is under way

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
Bozz

Re: SeaMonkey 2.48 is under way

Post by Bozz »

Frank Lion wrote: @Bozz - Hi Bozz, Mighty knows because I gave him the link (I think there's newer ones around now than the one you linked to) a bit back, but he's forgotten to use it. :P
Okay. At least he should remember now. :) ...and maybe he'll post a link to the newer mods if he knows it for anyone else that needs it.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Yeah, I haven't got the links myself without a lot of searching. I just grab stuff when I can, in case it gets later pulled. But here's the filenames and they're all legit and from the last 2 - 3 months -

custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4-signed.xpi.zip
custom-buttons3-wf-52.0.1.xpi
custom-buttons3-wf-52.0.4.xpi
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

James wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:Filehippo's "App Manager" alerted me to this pending update. I let that do the update for me.

http://filehippo.com/download_app_manager/
No need to get SeaMonkey from a random third-party site though.
Well, it isn't random. It is a pretty useful application for checking if programs are up to date or not. It filled a niche that Mozilla did not.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Frank Lion wrote:Pat's not going to be fixing SeaFox any time soon, I'm thinking. Putting the following in userChrome.css will at least put the default Findbar at the bottom, which is a start -
Hi Frank,

I put your code into Stylish but I get no Findbar. Restarting SM didn't help. Is there something in Sea Fox that I have to change to get your code to work? Thanx.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Hi Frank,

I put your code into Stylish but I get no Findbar. Restarting SM didn't help. Is there something in Sea Fox that I have to change to get your code to work? Thanx.
Hi Griz, here's what I know - on 2.48, Pat's Findbar binding doesn't work, so the Findbar reverts to default and then appears below the toolbars (and above the Tab bar, which is an odd position for it, but there you go) and at that point, findbar-wise SeaFox is out of the picture. OK?

All I did with my code was to move that default Findbar down to the bottom, where SeaFox has it, disable Seafox and I then tested it on 2.46 and all is fine. If you're not seeing that then it's possible that on 2.48 the content is overlaying that bar and you should add this to my code above -

/* make findbar appear ABOVE content in view source window */
#appcontent {
-moz-box-direction: normal!important;}

Also, if you're using Stylish, don't forget to put a namespace line at the top of your style -

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

See how you get on, but don't forget I was coding blind and if you and others get stuck, I can always put 2.48 back on this box and fix it for sure.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Frank Lion wrote:See how you get on, but don't forget I was coding blind and if you and others get stuck, I can always put 2.48 back on this box and fix it for sure.
Neither additions to your previous code work. It has something to do with Sea Fox.

If I disable Sea Fox:

I get the find bar at the bottom as you mentioned (with your code).

Find bar is at the top over the tab bar (with your code turned off).
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:It has something to do with Sea Fox.
Here you go. Leave SeaFox enabled and use this -

Code: Select all

/*Franks Default 2.48 Findbar to bottom due to absent Pat...*/
findbar {
 -moz-binding: url("chrome://communicator/content/bindings/findbar.xml#findbar") !important;}

#FindToolbar {
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;}  

#appcontent {
-moz-box-direction: normal!important;}
I work better when I can see what I'm doing. :)

Had a quick look at searchbar suggestions/history - it throws up -
Error: TypeError: this.tree.view is null
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml
Line: 745
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Frank Lion wrote:I work better when I can see what I'm doing. :)

Had a quick look at searchbar suggestions/history - it throws up -
Error: TypeError: this.tree.view is null
Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml
Line: 745
Your new Findbar code works like a champ! Thanks for figuring it out. I don't care much about the search suggestions, but if you post a code, I'll be happy to check it out! Kudos!
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
James

Post by James »

DN123ABC wrote:Well, it isn't random. It is a pretty useful application for checking if programs are up to date or not. It filled a niche that Mozilla did not.
Filehippo is indeed a random Unofficial download site for SeaMonkey. They like some other random download sites have recently Jumped the gun on listing SeaMonkey 2.48 even though it is Not officially out yet and will be listed on the Official https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ when it is. Also SeaMonkey is being done by a community and not Mozilla.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Frank Lion wrote:
@Bozz - Hi Bozz, Mighty knows because I gave him the link (I think there's newer ones around now than the one you linked to) a bit back, but he's forgotten to use it. :P
Aha..Found these in my 'xpi bumps' folder, May 20th 2017.
custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4.xpi
custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed4-signed.xpi

Al Z. Heimers

@Bozz..... here's the link I got from Frank..

http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... f=5&t=3743
>>>>>
http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... php?id=381
http://custombuttons.sourceforge.net/fo ... php?id=380
Last edited by mightyglydd on July 27th, 2017, 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Aha.. back on .48, disabled the old Custom Buttons (now removed), installed the 'signed' version + findbar code with Stylish and we're back in business.. thanks y'all :)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

James wrote:
DN123ABC wrote:Well, it isn't random. It is a pretty useful application for checking if programs are up to date or not. It filled a niche that Mozilla did not.
Filehippo is indeed a random Unofficial download site for SeaMonkey. They like some other random download sites have recently Jumped the gun on listing SeaMonkey 2.48 even though it is Not officially out yet and will be listed on the Official https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ when it is. Also SeaMonkey is being done by a community and not Mozilla.
1) Despite what you say, it is not "random". It is a very specific place people go to seeking out updates EXACTLY like this kind.

2) I thought "Mozilla" was also a "community". Yeah, those are loose terms, and nobody is really accountable for anything, but I guess you get what you get when you're not paying for it. Isn't that the concept behind "open software"?
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

DN123ABC wrote:2) I thought "Mozilla" was also a "community". Yeah, those are loose terms, and nobody is really accountable for anything, but I guess you get what you get when you're not paying for it. Isn't that the concept behind "open software"?
Maybe it used to be that way, but nowadays when people say the term "Mozilla" they almost always mean the Mozilla Foundation or Mozilla Corporation itself.
mozray

Post by mozray »

Frank Lion wrote:
mightyglydd wrote:Hmm, so I have 2.48 .exe, dated 21st of July, sitting on my desktop.. Install or not ?
You'll lose SeaFox's Findbar
FYI, I've found that Seafox's Find Bar works fine in v2.49.1:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3029870
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mozray wrote:FYI, I've found that Seafox's Find Bar works fine in v2.49.1:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3029870
Are the searchbar search suggestions and searchbar history working on 2.49?