The Official 20170728 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
toolong

Re: The Official 20170728 builds are not yet out

Post by toolong »

Yes... your on the latest from what

Well hot heck!! Newbie does not embarrass himself!!
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

The Quantum Engineering Newsletter #17 is now out if anyone is interested!
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

I finally figured out how to hide context menu items and added this code to userchrome.css:

Code: Select all

#context-setDesktopBackground, #context-sendimage {
  display: none !important;
}
The question is: can this particular code or any .css code cause performance degradation? I am a bit paranoid after I discovered NoScript 5 uses synchronous API for content blocking.
Sorry for my poor English.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Linux Nightly is out.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 ID:20170728100358 CSet: 5845151f1a2cd00957fdd48e204542ccbdfaba1e
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

GHM113 wrote:I finally figured out how to hide context menu items and added this code to userchrome.css:

}
The question is: can this particular code or any .css code cause performance degradation? I am a bit paranoid after I discovered NoScript 5 uses synchronous API for content blocking.
I think that code is safe. Complicated CSS might cause some noticeable performance issues. I'm thinking fancy shadows and transforms and things of that nature. But hiding a couple of menu entries is pretty safe.

However, talk of the town is userChrome is going away. Supposed to be Fx 57 that it stopped being supported, as I recall. Maybe now that the 57 train is coming into the station they will evaluate whether or not they can really kill it in time.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

smsmith wrote:
GHM113 wrote:I finally figured out how to hide context menu items and added this code to userchrome.css:

}
I think that code is safe. Complicated CSS might cause some noticeable performance issues. I'm thinking fancy shadows and transforms and things of that nature. But hiding a couple of menu entries is pretty safe.

However, talk of the town is userChrome is going away. Supposed to be Fx 57 that it stopped being supported, as I recall. Maybe now that the 57 train is coming into the station they will evaluate whether or not they can really kill it in time.
I haven't seen any bugs about killing userChrome yet and the Fx 57 branch point is on the 2nd of August so that would probably be cutting things a bit close. They may have changed the version on which they want to end support (or perhaps they have reconsidered completely). If you do see a bug pop up for this please do let us know.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

smsmith wrote:I think that code is safe. Complicated CSS might cause some noticeable performance issues. I'm thinking fancy shadows and transforms and things of that nature.
Thank you! :)
sciguyryan wrote:I haven't seen any bugs about killing userChrome yet and the Fx 57 branch point is on the 2nd of August so that would probably be cutting things a bit close. They may have changed the version on which they want to end support (or perhaps they have reconsidered completely). If you do see a bug pop up for this please do let us know.
As far as I remember, someone from Firefox team wrote in Firefox blog there were no plans to remove userchrome.
Sorry for my poor English.
Josa

Re: The Official 20170728 builds are out

Post by Josa »