A sign of things to come concering ad blockers?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Brummelchen

Re: A sign of things to come concering ad blockers?

Post by Brummelchen »

Twitchy is a site that will no longer work if there are adblockers. It's ok with javascript off but with it turned on it re-directs to a page
not here (ublock), list your settings! read my previous answer!
gorhill

Post by gorhill »

marty60 wrote:what worked was adding uBlockfilters
There are twitchy.com-specific filters in "uBlock filters" which uses extended filter syntax to work around anti-blockers (this is also true for drudgereport.com). I consider un-checking any of the default filter lists to be the equivalent of undermining uBO's blocking ability, and in such case, expect it to behave sub-par.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

gorhill wrote: I consider un-checking any of the default filter lists to be the equivalent of undermining uBO's blocking ability, and in such case, expect it to behave sub-par.
Good to know, thanks.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

tomatoshadow2 wrote:@marty60, is it twitchy.dom? Went to the website loaded just fine for me with Ublock Orgin on the latest Nightly build 07-29-2017.
twitchy.com loads fine for me too, only that without ublock filters it will redirect the page when javascript is on. The point is the OP is correct, more and more sites are doing this, not that we aren't able to still get around it thanks to the developer and other volunteers who keep the filters updated.
gorhill wrote: There are twitchy.com-specific filters in "uBlock filters" which uses extended filter syntax to work around anti-blockers (this is also true for drudgereport.com). I consider un-checking any of the default filter lists to be the equivalent of undermining uBO's blocking ability, and in such case, expect it to behave sub-par.
Mainly I use ublock for youtube and daily motion, which Peter Lowe's list handles. This just started with twitchy that I noticed so I'm keeping ublock filters checked from now on.
ianas

Post by ianas »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:Isn't there an ad-blocker-blocker blocker?
yep I use Anti-Adblock Killer
https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer#instruction
it needs greasemonkey and an adblocker installed (ublock-origin abp etc) and an extra script but it bypasses most ad-blocker blockers
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

ublock + ub proctector list + ublock protector