FileLink not working with Box on .MOV files?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rick7

FileLink not working with Box on .MOV files?

Post by rick7 »

Hi, I'm unable to send a .MOV file through FileLink from my Box account (I have the free personal account). I'm trying to attach a 78 MB file, and Thunderbird gives me an upload error: "Unable to upload IMG_XXXX.MOV to Box". Any thoughts? Thanks.
tanstaafl

Re: FileLink not working with Box on .MOV files?

Post by tanstaafl »

I found https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1164457 (a month old) that seems to state that the Box support is still broken. This problem has existed for over a year. They never switched from the old API (which Box no longer supports) to the new API. Your best bet might be to use DropBox instead.
rick7

Post by rick7 »

OK, thanks. (By the way, do we have a way here to thank someone who helps you besides sending them a new post? Other forums have a special private "thank you" feature.)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Nope.
Newrone

Post by Newrone »

You can also use hubiC.com (part of OVH).

You get 25GB free (+ bonus GB if you bring others in with a code such as mine: EIGXZE 8-) ). And larger volumes are really cheap: 100GB, €10/year. (No I don't work there.)

You can set up FileLink to use it too. I've been using it for years for my business. (EU-based, so better personal/client privacy).
rick7

Post by rick7 »

How do I configure Thunderbird's FileLink service to work with anything other than Box? In Tools > Options > Attachments tab, Outgoing tab, I click on Add and Box is the only available choice in the dropdown.

UPDATE: ok, maybe you have to use an add-on to get FileLink working with Dropbox. I went to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... -filelink/ and see a note that the add-on is broken and is no longer maintained.

Newrone, how do you get FileLink working with hubiC.com?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »