Previous NIGHTLY: 20170805 (Fx 57.0a1)
Previous BETA: 20170804 (Fx 55.0 RC3)

Tinderbox Builds
Treeherder
Release Notes: NIGHTLY | BETA
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | BETA

Fixed:
  1. NIGHTLY +11
  2. #1384398 [Core:CSS Parsing and Computation]-stylo: serialization of font-family doesn't match Gecko [Uns][]
  3. #1048191 [Core:Internationalization]-Remove capability to generate non-basic entities (nsIEntityConverter & nsHTMLEntities) [All][]
  4. #1386199 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-js::irregexp::InterpretCode started showing up in Speedometer profiles [Uns][]
  5. #1356114 [Core:Layout]-Make opposite CSS dashed borders symmetrical in various cases where asymmetry is ugly [Uns][[webcompat]]
  6. #1375125 [Core:XPCOM]-Remove nsILocalFile [Uns][]
  7. #1387117 [Firefox:Theme]-Especially in maximized window, it is almost invisible the container color indicator. And it is no longer visible for selected tab [Win][[userContextId]]
  8. #1387420 [Firefox:Theme]-Remove obsolete rules from browser/themes/windows/compacttheme.css and browser/themes/linux/compacttheme.css [Uns][[photon-visual]]
  9. #1387731 [Toolkit:Add-ons Manager]-Update Add-ons favicon [All][]
  10. #1356273 [Toolkit:WebExtensions: General]-document.open()/document.write() execute some content scripts twice in the same sandbox [All][]
  11. #1387084 [Toolkit:XUL Widgets]-Since bug 1356705 landed, scrolling in the tab strip with a MBP trackpad feels slow [Mac][]
  12. #1387701 [Toolkit:XUL Widgets]-Simplify lineScrollAmount [All][]
  1. Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
  2. #1382568 [Core:CSS Parsing and Computation]-stylo: crash in Servo_ResolveStyle loading Twitter [Uns][]
  3. #1387467 [Core:Graphics: Layers]-Crash in mozilla::layers::FrameBuilder::ProcessContainerLayer [Win][[keep-open]]
  1. 55 RC3 -> 55 RC4 Changelog +0
    None

Nightly 57 fixes since 20170802 (Gecko 56) ~283
Beta 55 fixes since 20170306 (Gecko 54) ~5228

Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
MozRegression Guide
Last edited by Josa on August 6th, 2017, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ver Greeneyes

Re: The Official 20170806 builds are not yet out

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

My add-ons page was completely broken starting yesterday's Nightly. Turns out it was some incompatibility with Classic Theme Restorer: switching back to the default appearance (I was using the alternate, more compact view), then toggling the display of version numbers fixed things.
Edds

Post by Edds »

So Stylish is dead now ? I lost all my userstyles. Stylish addon is there but somehow I can not add anything. Custom CSS is till working using CTR addon.
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
DJ-Leith

Post by DJ-Leith »

Ver Greeneyes wrote:My add-ons page was completely broken starting yesterday's Nightly. Turns out it was some incompatibility with Classic Theme Restorer: switching back to the default appearance (I was using the alternate, more compact view), then toggling the display of version numbers fixed things.
Thanks for posting. I was completely stumped, I will miss the Version Numbers for Extensions that CTR continued to give us.

I also have stumbled into an issue with
RequestPolicy Continued (RPC) 1.0.beta13.0

which might be fall out from
Bug 1385891 "Firefox doesn't load extension's files after upgrade"
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1385891

DJ-Leith
Ver Greeneyes

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

Edds wrote:So Stylish is dead now ? I lost all my userstyles. Stylish addon is there but somehow I can not add anything. Custom CSS is till working using CTR addon.
I'm not sure about your question, but I switched to Stylus and that seems to be working. Had some issues with WebExtensions suddenly not working anymore but a profile refresh seems to have fixed that (bit annoying but I think I'm set now).
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

As far as I know, Stylus can't modify user interface.
Sorry for my poor English.
Ver Greeneyes

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

GHM113 wrote:As far as I know, Stylus can't modify user interface.
Yeah, I think that's a limitation of WebExtensions though (light themes aside, which I haven't looked into).
Edds

Post by Edds »

Basically I would like to use:

Code: Select all

#PlacesToolbar .bookmark-item .toolbarbutton-icon {
  display: none !important;
}
Maybe I am dumb, but even with Firefox 55 I'm not able to get it work via chrome/userChrome.css.

I also filed a bug for adding this as an option. Probably right people haven't seen it yet.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1379977
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Ver Greeneyes wrote:My add-ons page was completely broken starting yesterday's Nightly. Turns out it was some incompatibility with Classic Theme Restorer: switching back to the default appearance (I was using the alternate, more compact view), then toggling the display of version numbers fixed things.
Don't forget that Classic Theme Restorer isn't meant to work on Mozilla Firefox 57.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Add-on manager added another (not yet always visible) button to its xml code, so rebinding add-on appearance inside any list failed. New CTR beta fixes that.
Romani

Post by Romani »

After some testing i found out that caused all that bugs i mentioned about build from 4 August. It was quite unexpected, but it was ll because of...Default Full Zoom Level addon. Disabling it and everything went fine.

I have switched to Zoom page and now its fine. BTW, Zoom Page WE (webExtention) is utter crap, slow and buggy (made my session restore like a five minutes). I can imagine how we will live with such shitty addon tech. Sorry for angry rant.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Romani wrote:After some testing i found out that caused all that bugs i mentioned about build from 4 August. It was quite unexpected, but it was ll because of...Default Full Zoom Level addon. Disabling it and everything went fine.

I have switched to Zoom page and now its fine. BTW, Zoom Page WE (webExtention) is utter crap, slow and buggy (made my session restore like a five minutes). I can imagine how we will live with such shitty addon tech. Sorry for angry rant.
I've been using ZP WE for a long time and have not experienced any problems with it. You have to understand that using Webextensions instead of XUL for example can slow down many Webextensions add-ons not just ZP WE. I worked with the developer (Dave) of ZP WE for many months and many features were added upon my suggestion and subsequent testing. WE is still a WIP. Let's hope Mozilla adds some more APIs and optimizes their code some more.

You are on Linux so maybe your problem is platform related. Why don't you fire off an email to Dave detailing the problems you are having. He is very accommodating when it comes to problems with his add-ons.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Romani wrote:After some testing i found out that caused all that bugs i mentioned about build from 4 August. It was quite unexpected, but it was ll because of...Default Full Zoom Level addon. Disabling it and everything went fine.
How is that possible if WebExtensions run in a separate process and all IPC is asynchronous? :-k
Sorry for my poor English.
Romani

Post by Romani »

Not like i want to blame anyone but while ZP WE is very slow fro me original ZP is completely fine. To tell truth, i dont understand why we need addons at all for thing like this. All i want is to set default zoom level for all pages because 100% on my monitor is way too small. In damned-by-everyone Chrome i can just set in in options. In firefox i have to install addon, lol.

Well, i'm sure willing to get ZP We some additional testing. Maybe something was messed up by Default Full Zoom Level.

BTW, both All tabs Helper and Multiple Tabs Handler is completely useless now, that a sad news. Since they both, probably, relied on APIs removed in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1387009 i'm now have to deal with default Firefox tab handling and oh my gosh i forgot how ineffective and cumbersome it.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Romani wrote:Not like i want to blame anyone but while ZP WE is very slow fro me original ZP is completely fine. To tell truth, i dont understand why we need addons at all for thing like this. All i want is to set default zoom level for all pages because 100% on my monitor is way too small. In damned-by-everyone Chrome i can just set in in options. In firefox i have to install addon, lol.

Well, i'm sure willing to get ZP We some additional testing. Maybe something was messed up by Default Full Zoom Level.

BTW, both All tabs Helper and Multiple Tabs Handler is completely useless now, that a sad news. Since they both, probably, relied on APIs removed in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1387009 i'm now have to deal with default Firefox tab handling and oh my gosh i forgot how ineffective and cumbersome it.
Have you tried playing around with this preference "layout.css.devPixelsPerPx"? Fx by default uses whatever your OS's dpi is set to. The pref set to -1 tells Fx to use the OS default. You can change the value to something higher. For example, setting it to 1.2 results in a dpi of 120 which will make everything larger. 1.5 results in a dpi of 150. Keep in mind this affects both the Chrome and Content.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro