Youtube Video Plugin-Container Crashes

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
therube

Re: Youtube Video Plugin-Container Crashes

Post by therube »

I think you need to start (test) with a new, clean Profile.
Make the Pref changes from mfsn.org.
Verify that you get "blue" on that YT page.

Then play some videos & see what you get.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lacene

Post by lacene »

Brummelchen wrote:plugin-container has no further usage then to uncouple flash from firefox, no security gain on xp.
if it crashes its a flash issue or some stupid antivirus or firewall is causing that. it has nothing to do with firefox.

current flash is 26.0.0.137 - you are outdated and highly vulnerable, but xp itself is not secure since 3 years, so why bother you with flash ;)
My plugin-container exe. still activates - not for Youtube, but for other embedded videos like in Twitter or other websites, and it explodes up to 300,000 K of memory usage. When this happens, I open up the add-ons and the adobe flash is still shown as disabled. What's making the plugin-container go crazy??
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Dell Inspiron 10thG i7 Win11
therube

Post by therube »

(Isn't plugin-container.exe used for e10's too? And I think it may be tied in to updates also? So more then "just Flash".)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript