The Official 20170812 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Edds

Re: The Official 20170812 builds are not yet out

Post by Edds »

Omega X wrote:ABP is dead also. They won't have anything ready until the launch of Fx57.
You mean Adblock Plus ? I think it is still working, but you need to enable extension.legacy, but yeah, on default is dead. Personally I've switched to the Ublock Origin Webextension and it works very well, even element hiding is working, which was/is not a case of legacy Adblock Plus in FF57.
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
mayankleoboy1

Post by mayankleoboy1 »

anyone has an alternative for BugzillaJS addon?
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

mayankleoboy1 wrote:anyone has an alternative for BugzillaJS addon?
yeah, go back to Firefox52 ESR. you wanna use Firefox57 be prepared to look for alternatives yaself or stay on release channel
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Edds wrote:
Omega X wrote:ABP is dead also. They won't have anything ready until the launch of Fx57.
You mean Adblock Plus ? I think it is still working, but you need to enable extension.legacy, but yeah, on default is dead. Personally I've switched to the Ublock Origin Webextension and it works very well, even element hiding is working, which was/is not a case of legacy Adblock Plus in FF57.
That won't work long. They're planning to immediately delete those legacy APIs from the tree. I've also been using uBO beta since ABP has nothing signed yet.
Edds

Post by Edds »

Signed or not, even latest ABP WebExt. dev version is far less powerful than current uBO WE. There is a tracking bug for ABP btw https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1226547 and a lot of dependencies are still not solved, so a long way to go, but at the end of the day it may be more powerful than Chrome's equivalent.
Edds

Post by Edds »

@Virtual_ManPL
So check, bookmarks toolbar on 2017-08-11, how it is working for you with the buttons.
I see a regression as already discussed.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ Edds - I would not say it's regression per Bug 1368580 - Standardize folder & bookmark & extension/browser buttons sizes in Bookmark Toolbar,
but, I think these 2 buttons, which are "Show more bookmarks" and "More tools..." buttons, could be smaller, like 1/2 in width compared to other buttons.
I reported it here Bug 1389755 - "Show more bookmarks" button should not use the same icon as "More tools..." button and could be narrower,
but it's not that big issue for me, as it's only one button, but I agree, I could be smaller. ;)
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Edds

Post by Edds »

I don't understand. It's not only one button and the issue is not with the width. The problem is with the height what consequently making Bookmarks toolbar bigger/higher when the button is present. First of all the Bookmarks toolbar should have fixed heigh, no matter what button there are.
Second thing is that you can put on Bookmarks toolbar whatever Icon from Customization palette and the outcome will be the same. So I don't know how the narrower ">>" or any button will help here.
It's a quite big issue since it is breaking UX consistency.

edit:
I see in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1389755
that you already have another buttons on Bookmarks toolbar, so even without "Show more bookmarks >>" button, your Bookmarks toolbar is bigger than it was before patch. So what is the point of narrower "Show more bookmarks" ? It won't change anything.
I already filed a bug to implement correct height of Bookmarks toolbar https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1388794 and with this patch and (any) added button there it is even worse.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

I'm not seeing any problem on my end with Bookmark Toolbar getting bigger/higher after moving buttons from one bar/toolbar to another,
which you can even see that on my screenshots, that nothing changed except sizes of: extension, browser and "Show more bookmarks" buttons,
and I'm using compact density.
So you issue it's probably other issue, not related to mine, so report it too.

Or maybe I'm missing something?
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Ver Greeneyes

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

Ver Greeneyes wrote:Welp, looks like LastPass doesn't work anymore in this Nightly. I think that's already a WebExtension under the hood, but even the legacy wrappers don't work anymore now (setting extensions.legacy.enabled to true "enables" it, but the extension doesn't do anything). Considering how the LastPass devs tend to drag their feet when it comes to changes in Nightly, it looks like I'll be sticking with yesterday's build for a while.
Wanted to add to this, I tried using Chrome Store Foxified (which I also had to download a Firefox 56 build to even install) to sign LastPass from the Chrome store and see if that would work, but at 20.01MB I think it's too big and I just get an error. So I'm legit stuck on the 2017-08-10 Nightly if I want LastPass to work, until they release a WebExtension version.
Edds

Post by Edds »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:I'm not seeing any problem on my end with Bookmark Toolbar getting bigger/higher after moving buttons from one bar/toolbar to another,
which you can even see that on my screenshots, that nothing changed except sizes of: extension, browser and "Show more bookmarks" buttons,
and I'm using compact density.
So you issue it's probably other issue, not related to mine, so report it too.

Or maybe I'm missing something?
I don't know, but my Bookmarks toolbar has different height with and without buttons on it. No matter what button.
I have already showed a difference before and after patch for all UI density options.
You have Win 7 as far as I can see, so maybe there is different behavior. I don't know.

Also a "New tab button" is different now.

The easiest STR are:
Remove all buttons from Bookmarks toolbar and also make sure there is no "Show more bookmarks button".
Now add some icon on the toolbar.
Is the height the same ? In my case no.

Can anyone confirm ? 2017-08-11 build is needed.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Jgr9 wrote:So..... When can we have tabs on bottom again?
When you switch to Vivaldi, or maybe the Tab Center Test Pilot experiment will become a system add-on like Screenshots and have that capability. It didn't in the experiment.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

How do you add/remove elements from the tile start page?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Romani

Post by Romani »

Josa wrote:I didn't see anybody mention it, but right now 80% of the Nightly users should be using Stylo and 20% using Gecko CSS. Info taken from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 381147#c14 and c15.
Loading a twitter page is ridiculously faster!
Whoa! I checked myself and...its turned out that Servo is enabled for me, albeit i dont see any difference at all
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

TheVisitor wrote:You have got to be kidding... Someone a day or so posted a Image of the Nightly Icon - and I just installed lated hourly and low-and-behold. We have a silly Tiger now....Bleh!
Seeing it too now...](*,)
I hope it's only the unfunny bad joke.

FYI - I reported it - Bug 1389770 - New Nightly icon is bad joke...
Virtualfox persona