Webextension alternative for some actions?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
geobomatic

Webextension alternative for some actions?

Post by geobomatic »

Hi there,

I'm looking for a webextensions version of:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... /pure-url/

and an extension or a secret setting to open a new tab from address bar by default (I'm aware of the Alt-enter shortcut, but, you know, habits…)

Thanks,
Brummelchen

Re: Webextension alternative for some actions?

Post by Brummelchen »

"redirect bypasser" - av. as legacy and in future as WE (using it in chromium from chrome store)
geobomatic

Post by geobomatic »

Brummelchen wrote:"redirect bypasser" - av. as legacy and in future as WE (using it in chromium from chrome store)
Thank you for your answer!

From what I read, it has nothing to do with the address bar of firefox, or am I missing something?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i dont think so, its a button which can be removed - not necessary for usage, only settings.
RB shows up a litte square (or two or three) close to links when it has found redirects or eg this utm-crap in weblinks.
for me the only current working solution either firefox or opera (found it first here) or chrome.
but i dont know if it is already working in firefox (57) as webextension, my latest try last minutes with v57-nightly was awful and pain.
not sure if it can work with google results but for google i use another extension (Remove Google Redirect in Google Results) (firefox and chrome)

to check it out create a new profile (!) and install this one
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... -foxified/
geobomatic

Post by geobomatic »

No thanks, I'm looking for an extension that open a new tab from the address bar :)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i only know tabmix plus as a working solution, other have been dumped or are buggy. you dont have to use all options from TMP. TMP wont work with v57+
geobomatic

Post by geobomatic »

Brummelchen wrote:i only know tabmix plus as a working solution, other have been dumped or are buggy. you dont have to use all options from TMP. TMP wont work with v57+
yeah, I'm on Nightly that's why I've asked :)